What Raw Food Diet I’ve Been Following Lately and a Q and A – The Renegade Health Show #171

Tuesday Oct 28 | BY |

A lot of you have been asking what I’ve been eating lately…

So today, I’m going to share exactly what I’ve eaten on a regular basis for the last 4-5 weeks. It’s pretty instructive, considering the candida issue that I’ve been having.

I will spare you the pictures, but I recently expelled a massive chunk of yeast that was about half the size of a golf ball.

That is good news, because I know it’s coming out!

I also answer a bunch of other questions about dulse, food processors, the vitamix blender and more!

Your question of the day: What are you eating on a regular basis?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Show resources:

Click here to get a Free 30 day trial to the Renegade Health Inner Circle and Thursday Lunch Chat

Also… be sure to check out my talk tonight with Steph and Todd from High Vibe Health here… Click Here

Kevin

1. Cherie says:

Hi Kevin. I was trying to find your link to elements for life. I signed up for the facebook and twitter thing but could not find it there either. You did mention a link in your clip today but sorry, I still can not find it. Will you direct me please. THanks.

2. Cherie says:

Hi Kevin, when I go to renegadehealth.com it gives me 4 talking episodes at once. Does this happen with anybody else? So I usually just wait until I get your e-mail link so I don’t have to stop all the talking Kevins 🙂

3. David says:

Let me help. Here is the link for the Island Fire Noni product at Elements for Life:

4. fred says:

Hey kevin I have a few questions. Is the nutritional content of raisins any different from grapes and how could raisins have more antioxidants if they are just dried? Also is it necessary for a kid around 13 years old to have more fat and protein in their diets than a grown up? And I have been eating a lot of huge green smoothies.

5. fred says:

hey your the chirunning guy

6. Janet says:

I’m eating lots of parsnips lately. I shread them in my cusinart and put them in my salads with the following raw ingredients: carrots, beets, macha, mixed lettuces, avacados, tomatoes, cucumber, zuchinni, some fresh rosemary from my garden, a sprinkle of celtic sea salt, fresh pepper, balsamic vinegar, and a flax/olive oil mix. Mmmmmmmmmm! Occassionally I put some hard boiled eggs

By the way Kev, your buddy Mike Adams had an article on his website regarding the use of chlorella to combat candida 🙂

7. linda says:

green drinks and big salads are our main stays..
    i have to call them green drinks because to me a smoothy is lots of fruit and like a desert….
    and juice lots of veggies..carrots, cucumbers. zucchini, red beets, cabbage apples,celery and some times ginger. one in a while some cooked food.
    we do not eat wheat so tonight when i was hungry and in a hurry we had tea and a sunflower nut butter
    open face sammie on millet flax toast. i did not have any bananas but if i did i would have sliced that on top……

keven where can i but dulce leaves? i can only find
    the dulce in the containers to sprinkle on salads…

8. Kat says:

Oooh, great show, Kevin! And good question of the day – I always enjoy hearing/reading what other people eat. (By the way, I love the way your new title screen turned out, I like the ‘vintage’ looking wallpaper – very hip!!) 😀

Here’s me…
    – I always have at least one smoothie with various fruits and greens, flax/chia seeds, wheatgrass juice, spirulina, Raw Power &/or SunWarrior brown rice protein.
    – I try to make one cup of green juice per day with whatever greens I have available.
    – And my favorite…CHOCOLATE!! 🙂 I almost always have a chocolate smoothie/shake with hemp or almond milk, blended raw coconut spread (from Wilderness Family Naturals – yum!!) &/or raw coconut oil, raw cacao nibs & powder, a banana, some frozen cherries or other berries, agave nectar or raw honey, flax/chia seeds.
    – If I don’t make the shake, I still have to have my chocolate treat – I use coconut spread, cacao powder, agave nectar or raw honey and sometimes some almond butter mixed in.
    – I usually have a big salad or a light (mostly veggie – sometimes w/rice &/or fish) meal for my one regular meal a day.
    – I also snack on fruit, nuts, veggies and hummus.

9. Maria says:

Kevin,

This question is about seaweed. I haven’t heard any mention of concern about the pollution in the ocean. Can you please explain?

Thanks,

Maria

10. Carole says:

Besides my green smoothies, I always make a cold 8 oz. glass of raw carob powder and rice or my almond milk with 2-3 drops stevia every night and mix it in a Magic Bullet -this replaces chocolate for me–don’t want the caffeine.
    Thanks for answering my questions.

11. DebB says:

I drink green smoothies on a regular basis – but my husband LOVES the grawwwwwwnola recipe you broadcasted recently. He’s crazy fot it, dreams about it, loves it. I make a quadruple recipe at a time. I also make the Brazil nut milk you showed as well. He eats that every single day… *Ü*

12. taylor says:

hey Kevin…how about those steelers last sunday???? think they could use some green juice & super foods…????

what we eat on a regular basis….varies with the seasons and wild food foraging in our local park but unusally always eat….bee pollen and royal jelly…..wild mushrooms from our farmer’s market a quart of green juice daily with burdock celery dandelion kale parsley ciantro…..etc….and wild greens from the park… greens powders like vitamineral green pure snergy…earth, fruits of the earth….salads….herb teas smoothies like nettles or rasberry leaf with super foods in them…..lemon MSN water first thing in am…..nori, dulse, kelp….sea salt sometimes seed or nut mylks…….and snack on plenty of cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes while they last!!!!! for specail treats whip up creative seasonal goodies like…..yesterday made a wonderful huckleberry mesquite non chocolate chocolate chip cookie that was the best ever!!!

13. earthmother says:

I’m loving this show, Kevin. Your energy is infectious.

I start my day, every day, with a quart of green juice. Today was kale, cukes, celery, apple, ginger.

Fruit till noon.

Lunch is typically a giant salad with lots of mixed greens, assorted veggies, and avocado.

Another quart of green juice later in the afternoon.

And lately, I’ve become a bit more adventurous in the raw kitchen, experimenting with recipes and such. I am absolutely crazy for kelp noodles at the moment and enjoying them with a raw version of Pad Thai. YUM!

14. Al says:

Fresh juice, green smoothies (sometimes red if I juice a beet), at least one huge salad per day, and some cooked red and white quinoa every few days.

15. Cindy says:

Hey Kevin,
    I am interested to know why you put your green juice through a nut bag?
    I am new to eating green juices and I am just blending up the ingredients and drinking them straight from the blender. Is there anything wrong with that?
    Thanks so much for the Rawkathon. I learnt so much and have been inspired to change my diet and at least try eating more raw. i especially liked the concept that there is a “Spectrum of Nutrition”. It has helped me consider how to go about changing my nutrition habits. Thank you

16. louise says:

Hi Kevin, I enjoy your show I look forward to watching you and Annmarie. I like to make green drinks in the morning about a pitcher full they always have some fruit in them I try to go eat a salad for lunch while I’m at work then something small for supper. I had candidia about 2 years ago I started taking a probiotic and it went away and never came back. I got it from taking a round of antibiotics for a tooth infection. and i have diabetes so i was prone to get it thanks for being there for us Louise

17. Green Smoothie for breakfast with greens/bee pollen/ fruit/ hemp protein powder/ coconut water or plain water.
    Big Salad for Lunch with Dulse/ avocado/ goji berries/ raw saukeraut/olive oil / pepper
    Dinner.. is all over the place but lots of veggies…
    Giving up the raw chocoalte for awhile..
    We will see how that goes.
    Thank you Kevin..
    Marina 🙂

18. giselle cioraru says:

what do you do with the pulp after you juice? Isn’t it more work to use a bag to squeeze out the juice rather than to use a juicer?

19. Monica says:

Hello,

Green smoothies,BIG salad, Aloe vera with cactus, hemp seed and flax seed meal.
    Some superfoods and water.
    Monica

20. nashima says:

Hi Kevin, nice episode!
    Every morning I have 1 QT of green vegetable juice, sometimes a green smoothie with a sour apple. For lunch a big salad with seaweeds, lots of different greens, cukes, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper etc. with a tahini/lemon/garlic dressing. At night mostly an energy soup with avocado or tahini and sprouts and lots of cayenne pepper. And I sometimes add some sauerkraut to it, yum!
    Love flax crackers and raw chocolate too. Matt Amsden’s raw Hearty Lentil Chili soup is my favorite thing to eat lately : )

21. Jerome says:

Hi Kevin,

I like your great show. However I had a hard time to follow your live shows last week. My Computer didn’t like it. It is strange that your video is mixed with other voices, like if 2 or 3 videos would run together.

As athlete cyclist in Oregon I start my breakfast with 3 big glasses of water with 3 drops of marine plantone. Then I ride to work for 45min and drink my green smoothies (a full blender) containing banana, kale or chart, parsey or oregano, hemp powder, SunWarrior powder, Spiruna, one thespoon of Stavia + Sorbitol powder, raw cacoa and flax seeds. My coworker looks to my magic drink everyday. At lunch I have a large fruit salad mixed with green leaves and raw cacoa. Around 4 pm I have a small snack with cooked rice or quinoa and at dinner a large complex salad with a hot soup…. one apple to finish my day before to go in bed. That’s it !

Everyday is my smoothie and salad different.
    Jerome, from Portland

22. Jennie says:

Hi Kevin,

We have green smoothies every day in our house in the afternoon. My children have raw chocolate smoothies every morning for brekky made with almond milk, cacao powder, dates or agave and bananas and my son has this for lunch as well. I like to include olives from Sunfood.com in my diet daily as well because they are the most phenomenal olives ever!

Hugs to you and Ann Marie.

xoxoxo

23. Hi Kevin,
    My daily staples are, in the morning – a green juice (I like celery cucumber lemon w/ any greens on hand, I use weeds during the summer like lambsquarters) OR a green blend w/fruit and greens (if I have a ripe mango I love it with parsley)
    then lunch is leftovers from dinner, usually salad and…(see dinner)or a sunflower seed mock chicken or tuna,or veggie hummus always with greens and sprouts if we have them.
    If I need a snack in the afternoon it is usually a chocolate nutmilk smoothie, w/superfoods (goji berries, maca, spirulina, agave, flax seeds, coconut oil, 1/2 banana if I’m really hungry)
    Dinner varies, always salad tho’, and the other dish is often summer squash ‘noodles’ with a red or white sauce (this week it was cashew garlic lemon basil) or portabello fajitas (I had corn tortillas made with corn off the cob, dehydrated, they were great) or a pate to wrap in cabbage or collards or a not stir fry or like that! I have a teenage son so I kind of have to mix it up and keep things interesting.
    Thanks for all you hard work!

24. Anne says:

Hi Kevin, I have mixed veg juice in the morning, and later salad, and occasionally rice and steamed veg. I am looking forward to making green smoothies soon when I receive my blender. I eat much more veg than fruit as I feel better for that.

Thanks for the shows!

25. Sandy says:

Hi Kevin

Some raw foodists and Natural Hygiene practitioners view of candida is that it is a fat problem rather than sugar. You say you are increasing the fat in your diet so I am a bit confused here. Do you not subscribe to this theory or have I missed something here?

Sandy

26. Claudia says:

I started having a smoothie for breakfast: orange/grapefruit juice, blueberries, papaya, pineapple, banana with maca, Vitamineral Green, cocoa pwder, kelp powder, hemp seed protein. Soon after that I just did not feel like any cooked food at all, it just lost its appeal. I feel like salad with lots of greens and avocados or another smoothie for supper. I made no decision to be 100% raw, it just happened.

27. stacy says:

Hi Kevin, I start every morning with my “Happy Shake”….6 cups of spinach or other greens, 1T. each of Maca and Cacao powder, 1/4 cup water, 2-3 cups frozen banana and papaya. after blending in my vitamix I top my “Happy Shake” with some cacao nibs. It always feels like the best day ever after my Happy Shake!

Then I always have a big green salad for lunch. seasonal fruit for a snack and a bowl of cooked vegetables for dinner.

28. John says:

I love that hummus recipe using zucchini and have made my own adaptations to it also. Add some apple cider vinegar and jalapenos or cayenne to spice it up a bit. I need to try the red pepper sometime soon too! Thanks for all of the great ideas. 🙂

29. green dean fan says:

Check out Green Dean at eattheweeds.com for foraging in florida, this guy is awesome. He has a ton of youtube videos on foraging.

30. Raluca says:

What’s the thing with the high vibe meetup? I joined meetup now. Is it too late? Is it an audio thing?

31. andy says:

Hi Kev,

Why dont u try Dr. Graham candida curing method – eliminating all fats for at least 10 days

32. andy says:

Im raw veagn and follow dr. graham 80-10-10.My staple food is bananas – i eat at least 10 a day. Besides eat lost of other fruits – apples, pears, blueberries, mangos Also eat greans like letuce, spinich, celery. Plus in small wuatitities eat nuts, flax seeds, hempseeds, bee pollens, spirulina. ALso for dinner eat other vegetables cabbage. brocoli , carrots, and sprouts

33. diane West says:

Hi kevin.Annmarie!!!!! I as well have been having canida problems soIve ive been eating mostly green soups pates made with sesame pumkin chia flax or sunflower seeds or a combo of. no nutrianal yeast however cause gabrial cousens mentioned that would feed the yeast as well and no musroons because they are ferments but I do have berries for a sweet taste because the sugars are so low that he said it would not effects it signicantly. I gonna stick with this for three months til symptoms go away, good luck and happy holidays love diane

34. Connie says:

I am just learning to make green smoothies for lunch. I make them in a personal blender, so only 2 cups/day so far. I’m looking forward to receiving the books I ordered from Victoria Boutenko and eating more raw stuff. The hardest part is getting my family to eat more veggies, let alone more raw, and less other stuff.

Question: What do you do with the pulp left over when you drain your smoothies to make green drinks? Seems like an awful waste to me!

35. alex says:

hey mr.kevin thank you and all for your service any how i want to tell you about a ? you asked one speaker the other night and this refers to a colonic ? you asked whats the white stuff that comes out or white something you asked well i would tell you in my opioion it is fungus that was inside this persons body already doing harm symptoms later. i have more info on that. have a great day…………

36. Jason says:

RAWkathon was amazing!!!

Just about ever morning I start off with water and Dragon Hearbs from Ron Teegarden. I use the Super Adaptagen, which is comprised of(Rhodiola root, Chinese genseng, Eucommia bark , Duanwwod Reshi, Elethero root,,Astragalus root, Lycium Fruit”goji” and a few more herbs all in one)

I have Vitamineral green, with chai seeds, rotating in maca 2days on 1 day off, spirulina, little celtic sea salt and Fruits of the Earth (Healthforce)

Lunch, big salad with dark greens,cabbage, brocolli,radishes, tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, and other stuff too.

thanks so much for all you have done

Jason

37. Monica says:

Apples. Crunchy apples.

38. Raw Monkey says:

Usually eat a fruit smoothie for breakfast w/ light berries, rice bran solubles, vitamineral green, spirulina, hemp, maca, goji berries and camu camu. Then I’ll eat an a couple pieces of fruit, nuts and a raw food bar.

For lunch I have been hooked on rejuvenate foods Raw Salsa mixed with a reed avocado. Usually a small salad and some macadamia nuts mixed with incan berries. Usually drink some kombucha tea from synergy as well.

Snack is usually a chocolate shake, with cacao, maca, sun warrior rice protein, goji berries, spirulina, acai, coconut, coconut oil, and honey to sweeten.

Dinner is usually a big salad with some seeds, greens, cilantro, veggies and lately the habanera olives from natural zing. Either lots of olives or celery with almond butter. If I am lazy I’ll swap out the salad with a green smoothie and toss in a couple brazil nuts.

Good luck finishing up your cleanse.

39. Karen Jackson says:

Kevin, why do you always strain your greens when you grind them up? Why don’t you just drink it as is?

Thanks for all your great info!

xoxo

40. Angela says:

Hi Kevin, I start my day with a smoothie consisting of almond milk, rice protein, spirulina, maca, msm, lots of cinnamon, and stevia. Mid morning I have a couple of dehydrated cookies made with buckwheat, applies, and walnuts. Lunch a huge salad with baby greens, shredded beets and carrots, sprouts, pumpkin seeds and avocado with a dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dulse or kelp, garlic powder and stevia. Dinner usually a raw soup of some kind and quinoa with lightly sauteed veggies.

Thanks for all of the great information!!!

41. Elena says:

Hi Kevin,

I start the day by drinking some water and later I have a green smoothie with fruit and greens which change regularly.
    Lunch is a huge salad.
    Snacks are fruit, sometimes nuts and seeds, and these days especially local apples.
    Dinner is more salad, and occasionally a raw soup and or steamed veggies,and more salad.
    I would like to start making green juices. I will have to look into finding my misplaced nutmylk bag. 😉
    Thanks for all you do,

All the best,

Elena

42. Jean says:

Hi Kevin, my question is, I am on a fungus cleanse too and I thought on a cleanse like that you should not have any yeast including nutritional yeast. Is this so. Also I can not get in the chat’s cause your time is different from mine we are EST.

43. Charles Gregoire says:

Hi Kevin,

How did you find out you had Candida?

Charles

44. I usually start my day with a glass of water followed by Chlorella and spirulina in the green smoothie.I might add some macca powder and frozen acai berry. I will have a couple of flax and sesame and onion or some other vegetable crackers with a cacao nut mylk shake for lunch.I had a grapefruit for supper so far and I expect that will be it for me. Loved watching your vids and listening to the Rawkathon.Keep up the great work.

45. Nisha says:

I found a GREAT alternative to a nut milk bag which I wanted to share. I use paint strainer bags which I purchase from Home Depot or Lowes. I got the idea from someone who posted it on a raw food blog. They are natural mesh bags and they work perfectly as a juicing bag or a sprouting bag. You can buy a 2 pack for only $1.99, making these only 1 dollar each!! It’s not made of hemp, but it’s a good alternative if you’re on a budget. The best part is they are the perfect size, especially the larger ones.

46. Beth says:

For breakfast I usually have a fruit smoothie(banana,apple,raspberries, blueberries, maca,sometimes hemp protein and a little water) or a large bowl of mixed fruit. Sometimes have sprouted buckwheat or rye cereal with almond milk a few hours later or cooked millet, quinoa or amaranth. Lunch is almost always a large salad with various other recipes like hummus with carrots, zucchini pasta and tomato sauce etc. Occasional dehydrated cracker type things. Was having a lot of green smoothies for a spell but seem to be off those right now. Waiting to get a good juicer and will start doing more green juices. Dinner is usually same as lunch with occasional whole cooked foods. Really enjoy Renegade Health and the Rawkathon was great! You do an excellent job.

47. Maria says:

Hi Kevin,
    Have you looked into a Homeopathic for Candida? Check out this propietary homeopathic formula and the ingredients:

Supposedly gets rid of candida in 2 months.
    Waiting to see!

48. csilla says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for your shows. We enjoy watching them and we share a lot of the same interest.
    We have tried many different ways of eating raw and we were wondering what you think about Doug Graham’s diet. Specifically do you think anyone can thrive on that? Is that the ideal way of eating? If not, do you think it is dangerous?
    Is that the direction you are going to or you think you learned what you could from it and are going in a different direction?
    Rawk on

49. angel says:

I always start my day with a giant smoothie of greens, oranges, other fruit, bananas and a whole lemon. Lately I’ve been pigging out on the raw cheescake I made. I’ve given some of it away, and everyone has liked it. I tend to eat mostly fruit throughout the day, then I switch to salads, nut dishes, etcc. I finish off my day with a dessert like dried mango, date nut bar, or fresh fruit with some herbal tea. : )

50. Charles Premoe (Chuck) says:

Kevin: I usually start out the day as part of my nutriteous breakfast with about a couple dozen raw organic hostess twinkies. NOT! Just kidding. Usually I have a green smoothie in the morning, and just lately I have gotten onto eating lots of cabbage either as a slaw or mellow kraut. And have been experimenting with different see crackers to go with salads. Then at night I may have another green smoothie or some Kombucha. Right now I am brewing a batch of pineapple chicha. Hope it turns out right. One last item, this is for Annmarie, I found a really nice raw food website that I thought might be of interest to you. I think its always nice to get some fresh ideas from time to time. Here is the website:
    http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/03/this-blogs-recipe-index.html Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Have a Sunshiny Day