Take Action on the Rawkathon and An Antioxidant Purple Tomato – The Renegade Health Show Episode #170

Monday Oct 27 | BY |

Yep, purple tomatoes…

I don’t go too much into this, but I think you’ll like what I have to say about these Frankenstein-like creations.

It’s been an amazing week last week, we’ve broken through some awesome technological ground and know what it takes to bring this show and what we’re doing to the next level! Stay tuned for 2009!

In this episode, I also talk about how you can take action on what you learned from the Rawkathon.

It’s a simple process and I think you’ll get the most results if you use it! Sooo….

Use it! 🙂

Your question of the day: What’s your #1 item to take action on?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Here’s where you can join the chat on Thursday’s at 12:00 Noon with Annmarie and I! Click here

Kevin

1. Anne-Marie L. says:

My first thing is making green smoothies. I used to do it but my blender is broken and I have not bought one since then, waiting for some extra money to pay a better blender.

so step 1: I need to find a way to make extra money this month
    step 2: find a place here where I can buy a Vita mix or other power blender in my area (Montreal, Qc)
    step 3: implement the habit of mixing smoothies in the morning.

reading that, I think I have to split the step 1 even further to find ideas how to do it… but that is my goal #1, reimplement the smoothies habit.

2. Carole says:

I already took action on adding more greens to my smoothies after hearing Victoria say to use 2 bunches of greens, I did it and it was so thick, added more water and it took all day to finish it.
    Next I will order some superfoods.
    Then I’ll find a good book on identifying edible weeds. Maybe some of you know of a good one.
    Many thanks for all you did.
    Carole

3. francis says:

Purple Tomatoes are NOT frankenstein like! Heirlooms are the beautifully ugly creations of nature, it is the perfect red bubbles of mealy pink mush that are “frankenstein-like”!!!!check yourself!

4. DonnaB says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for your blurb about your book. I did not consider it because it sounded like an exercise book. After the incredible RAWKATHON you just put on, I decided what I needed to do as a result of several people you interviewed.
    David Rainosheck and several others mentioned that you need to really understand completely the stage you are in, which in my case is Vegan, sometimes Raw. My #1 goal is to be Raw Vegan for 1 month and I took the steps today to do that. I put a sign on my pot and pan drawer that says “Do not enter”. I bought what I needed for Raw meals and plan to make a few new recepies. I have several raw food “cook” books but sometimes find it overwhelming because I live a busy life. Next buy your book to help a busy person survive!

5. Sheryl says:

The number one thing that I’m going to change after seeing the Rawkathon is to give up all dairy. I’ve suffered with sinusitis for years, but still could not stop eating icecream in the summer or Greek yogurt in the fall and winter months. But after envisioning the dream that Happy had about running after a wild cow and grabbing its tits to drink its milk, I, too, laughed at the absurdity of eating and drinking milk and cheese products as a mature adult.

6. Tues says:

to free ourselves from debt!

7. Hello Kevin,

After rereading my notes that I took throught the Rawkathon.
    My number 1 is to assess where I am in the diet spectrum!
    then continue with my other five priorities!
    thanks for all your hard work and the many late nights!
    sheryl miller
    canberra
    australia

8. Another question,
    In the Rawkathon, no body really discussed the side effects, withdrawls etc when changing your diet from vegetarian to vegan or any other stage.
    Do you know if there are any side effects etc when you change your diet, I know diahorrea would be an obvious one!
    But I wonder about coughs, colds, lethargy and feeling blocked in the sinus!
    As it is spring over here(Australia) that may have something to do with it ,but I would that would of gone away after a few days!
    bye
    sheryl miller
    canberra
    australia

9. Nisha says:

My #1 priority is to increase consumption of blue green algae.

First thing I am going to do is research the various kinds of blue green algae – spirulina, chlorella, marine phytoplanktan, E3 Live, etc.

Second is I am going to find out where I can purchase at a good price.

Third I am going to figure out how much I want to take and how often.

Another thing I want to do is get a B12 blood test done. I already emailed the contact address on http://www.B12.com to find out how I can do this.

10. I really think I got how high fat I do eat listening to Frederic Patenude. I thought for years that my nut and seed milk smoothies were so healthy (sprouted even sometimes) with superfoods and all but my take action 1st step is to cut back on them and all oil.
    It could be more of a treat, instead of every day.

11. Sue Rushford says:

To Sheryl – I just want to be a testiment to the benefits of giving up dairy. I suffered for 10 years with chronic sinusitis. When I gave up dairy, it was greatly (95%) reduced. And since I transitioned to 75% raw vegan (April of 2007), I haven’t even had a sniffle. I know I’m just one person, but hey, there is something to be said for anecdotal evidence.

To Kevin – I just wanted to congratulate you on another phenomenal feat – you are a godsend to continue doing what you do. I had heard and seen most of the speakers before, loved all of them, was unable to finish listening to several of them, but wanted to let you know I took the most probably from Dr. Rick Dina. My goals & actions will have to do with researching the Gabriel Cousens Masters Degree program & other possibly comparable programs out there. Per Matt Monarch’s advice, I will also remember to take my digestive enzymes – the ones I have now are from Karyn’s in Chicago. I also need to try harder to cut out the processed starches – so my first step was putting a giante collard green layer on top of my Ezikiel tortilla before loading it with my usual morning fare (avocado, lotsa garlic, basil, jalapeno or serrano pepper, olive oil, and sunfire salt). Perhaps eventually I’ll lose the tortilla! I’m already on the David Wolfe program and put marine phytoplankton & all sorts of immune detox drops in my smoothies as well as chia, goji berries, Chocolate Bliss (with cacao, maca, and about 20 other superfoods), coconut, aloe, you name it, in my morning smoothies. I’ve been using Cheri Soria’s “chiffanaud” cutting method – I roll up all my greens & my red cabbage & cut in thin strips for my green salad. I know I learned so much more from all these speakers. I love David Rainoshek’s spectrum of diets – that’s exactly how I see it but just never took it to the level of defining it like that. And Happy’s parables – she’s a treasure of cultural knowledge & I’ve already found myself trying to figure out how I can feel so fortunate to have received a $100 parking ticket the other day – the white line was misleading – the sign was behind the line – it wasn’t fair, but I’m determined to turn that around & figure out why I’m blessed to give the City of Chicago $100 – still working on that one….

12. Thanks Sue for your advice!
    I have an allergy to cow’s milk and do not have dairy in my diet anymore, but I forgot about dairy products being in the gluten free brad I buy and I have eaten alot of that lately!
    So I will keep heading towards my goal more raw and fresh each day!

bye
    sheryl miller
    Canberra
    Australia

13. sonja says:

HI kEVIN, Great show as always. I missed the rawkathon, as I was away. I saw David Wolf and that was amazing!! I have decided to add more greens into my diet. Also I will buy some cacao. I have purchased a juicer to help get more raw foods easily. I have a question re blenders, does it make any difference if you use a food processor?
    thanks Sonja

14. kay hutton says:

Kevin, Thanks for the Rawkathon and all you do to help us transition to improved health.
    I’m going to try to ask the usual question another way. Smoothie and juicing. I use a vitamix and in go supplements, blueberries, and greens. You have talked about straining greens through a nut bag filter–why? Is there something I’m missing? Don’t I want all that fiber? And is this juice or a smoothie? I don’t put in any liquid except water. What makes a smoothie a smoothie and not juice? And is there some reason I should be eating a salad rather than turning one into a drink?
    I’m new at this, so I appreciate your going over the old questions again. Anyone else want to respond?

15. Cherie says:

After listening to Victoria I have added green smothies. I was sure it would be aweful but it was not that bad. I have used kale, spinich and even broccoli, thank God for bananas’ or it would not be drinkable.

I have not noticed any energy change these 6 days but I’m guessing that it takes a few weeks.

Thanks for all this information.

16. Tory says:

Kevin,
    I, like yourself am sugar sensitive.
    My number one goal every day is to try not to eat sugar.
    It’s amazing how many items other than the obvious- fruit – are high glycemic foods.
    Maybe you could do a segment on the “hidden sugars”/high glycemic foods.
    Dr. Gabriel Cousens Phase 1 granola is fantatic with some fresh almond milk.
    Tory

17. FrankieClaire says:

The first thing I am going to do is try to find how to buy the tapes of the Rawkathon. I listened to the first one but then had to go out of town and just got back. I would love to buy the Gold package if possible.

18. My #1 thing:
    Membership site(s)/program for the book we’re working on.

My #1 health thing:
    Glass of water first thing in the morning.

Thanks Kevin!
    Warmest,
    Jonathan

19. Shelley & Norm says:

TOO FABOO! Had to make a special trip to the library and book 2 90 min sessions to catch it all (allowing for potty breaks!) LOVELOVELOVED it all. We’ve been off and on raw for years. Always have green smoothies ala Victoria but with lots of fruit. Lots of nuts, so haven’t lost any weight.

BEGAN JUICE FEASTING ABOUT DAY 6! Got Vitamineral Green (I call it Vita meana vegamini, like Lucy) the champion and 1980’s vita-mix working overtime! Loved every bit of it! Everyone was unique and gave us tidbits we needed to re-learn.

LOVELOVELOVE IT ALL! XOXO