Should I Drink Green Juice or Green Smoothies – The Renegade Health Show Episode #156

Tuesday Oct 7 | BY |

The eternal question…

Should I drink Green Smoothies or Green Juices?

(Well it’s not really eternal)

But it’s important to know which one might be best, or if they’re both ok.

I’ll let you watch and decide in this episode.

In this show, I also address whether hemp seeds are irradiated or not, what to do when you break out with eczema and rejuvelac…

Take a look now…

Your question of the day: What has been your experience with rejuvelac?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Show resources:

Dr. T. Simoncini’s Cancer is a Fungus

The Renegade Health Inner Circle 30 Day FREE Trial

1. Dede says:

good show, Kevin…..I appreciate the little “hints” (like 1/3 fruit, 2/3 vegetables) as well as the bigger subject you bring up. Rejuvelac? – not a clue 🙂 – but I bet I’ll know more soon!!! As always, thanks for all you guys do – – hugs, Dede

2. Meredith says:

Hi kevin,
    I love rejuvelac! I have been making it now at home for 8 years and never had a problem with it. It is so easy to make. Just take those soft wheat berries or rye berries and soak them, sprout them, blend them and let it sit covered in water for 2 days. The proportions I use are 1 cup berries to 1 gallon water.
    Thanks for being there and all the great energy you and Annmarie spread to us all.

3. hi kevin,I first tried rejuvalac back in the 70’s after reading “survival into the 21st century”by victoras kulvinskas and still make it and drink it today.It’s not necessary to take it all the time but is great to use when ever you have a gut problem,it works well,is easy to make and keeps you regular as well.Thumbs up from me!Keep up the good work mate….no.1sproutman in oz.

4. Linda says:

Just adding a thought about the juice or smoothie question. With the smoothie you get the important fiber and slower digestion and with the juice the quicker uptake of all the nutrients and have to get your fiber elsewhere. I tend toward the smoothie probably because it’s quicker and I’ve a tendency toward laziness:)

5. Anna says:

I love Rejuvelac! When ripe and ready it has a foul smell, but don’t let that deceive you because the taste is yummy – like tangy lemon water. I make Rejuvelac at least once a week. I also use it as my starter culture for nut and seed cheeses.

Fermenting foods is both a science and an art. It takes patience and a little trial and error, but the creations can be a lot of fun. I just made my own batch of garlic pickles 🙂

The main benefit is the probiotics which are so healthy for your insides and make you glow on the outside.

Thanks For Everything Kevin!
    Anna M.

6. Cherie says:

I have made rejuvalac. I don’t like it. It smells bad and I just can’t get it down.

7. Al says:

I make & use rejuvelac regularly. I’ve used wheat, buckwheat, red & white quinoa. Easy to make. I use the OHI instructions & have never had a problem with the result.

8. Colleen says:

Hi kevin
    I would like to give you a little info on Rejuvelac.
    A. Helps cleanse the intestinal tract.
    Lactic acid destroys harmful intestinal bacteria
    Babies being breastfed with in the first 48 hours of their life recieves a sufficient amount of Lactobacillus Bifidus, a friendly bacteria culture in the intestine. However, this culter can be destroyed by introducing unnatural, cooked and dead foods.
    B. Develops a healthy strain of the friendly bacteria, such as lactobacillus, saccharomyces and aspegillus oryzae (all of which are found in Rejuvelac) strengthens resistance to foreign bacteria in the event of international travel.
    C. Supplies nutritional elements such a protein, carbohydrate, dextrines, saccharins, phosphate and vitamins.
    D. enzymes are the catalysts of life. Dr. Ann Wigmore believed life begins wth the catalysts and continues only through them. These enzymes break down food substances to simpler forms. Our bodies can use the nutrients in this fully broken down state. Cooking can destroy these enzymes. Eating live foods packed with enzymes will ensure a strong enzymatic capacity for efficient digestion and a youthful body.
    E. Rejuvelac contains many enzymes: amylase (which breaks down glucose, starch and glycogens) and aspergillus ( a common digestive aid).
    F The protein and starches in Rejuvelac are predigested. They are broken down to their simplest forms-amino acids and simple sugars. This makes the nutrients immediately available for assimilation, even for those with weak digestive systems.
    Rejuvlac is instant energy–the “Gatorade” of the health conscious.
    G. Contains the full complex of vitamin B which aid in the calming and rebuilding of nerves.
    H. Helps with constipation problems.
    I supplies valuable liquid to the body for flushing out toxins and for proper temperature balance.

How to make Rejuvelac
    1. Soak wheat seeds for 10-12 hours (soft variety preferably)
    2. Drain. Let sprout for at least 1 full day (until you sea a tail). Rinse twice a day.
    3. grind sprouted seeds in a blender.
    4. put one cup of ground seeds into a gallon jar and fill with water.
    5. let stand at room temperature (68-72 degrees), stirring twice daily for up to 2-4 days. If the temperature in the room is higher, fermentation occurs more quickly.
    Rejuvelac may b ready in as little as 1 day.

9. Martha says:

Hi Kevin,
    I have made Rejuvelac at home several times, it never tastes good to me, but I drink it anyway. I’m still kicking so I guess I made it right. I’ve never had it anywhere else so I don’t really know what it is supposed to tastes like except people say it’s tangy. Yes, it has a bad smell and it is tangy. I do feel it helps me so that’s why I keep making it.

10. Laura says:

It is simple to make Rejuvelac; I used to make it all the time, until I realized just what was causing all the gas. So I don’t drink it anymore! But fermented foods are very good for health and longevity; try (raw) sauerkraut or kimchee instead.

11. Dave says:

Why dont you ever discuss alkalinity and diet? Your move toward lots of green juice and smoothies to get rid of your acne is simply because you are eating alkaline foods rather than acidic sugars.
    Dave

12. Meri says:

I’ve never tried rejuvelac but I’d like to. The health benefits sound impressive. Next time I go to the health shop I’ll have to buy some wheat berries. Sauerkraut sounds cool too.

Thanks for all the great info Kevin 🙂

13. Barbara says:

I have made and used rejuvelac many times since 1994. It is very easy to make. I never had a bad batch. Just use Organic Raw Wheat Berries and Good clean water.

14. nomi says:

Hi Kev-enjoyed your topics today. RE: rejuvelac.
    As above comments indicate many people make it and enjoy it. I used to make it all the time when I lived in San Diego. Then when I moved to Florida to work at Hippocrates in the early 90’s I made it there and it went bad, smelled ghastly and I threw it out. So, in a humid environment like Florida it isn’t as easy to make.
    The reason Hippocrates doesn’t use it has nothing to do with the amount of labor it takes (negligible for 1-2 people at home, but a big project at Optimum Health Institute where I worked for a short while years ago)-they feel that you are depending on some bacteria floating in the air to land in it to start the process, and they don’t feel that it will always be something that is good for you. They do make fermented red cabbage and as far as I know that is the only fermented product that they serve. At that time I got away from making lots of fermented stuff a la Ann Wigmore, but the process is going strong at all the Ann Wigmore type places like OHI, Creative Health Ins, Ann Wigmore in Puerto Rico, etc..
    So it’s not a good thing nor a bad thing but from my personal experience the climate you are in makes a difference.
    Rejuvelac is useful for “seed cheeze” but there’s lot of ways to make it yummy without using it as well. Check out the recipe for Sunny Pate in my book The Raw Gourmet (it’s also at my website for free under Recipes at http://www.rawgourmet.com) This recipe is not fermented, makes about 8 cups from 3 cups of sunflower seeds and when using only sunflower seeds (as opposed to other types of nuts or seeds) will last for three weeks in your refrigerator..I say 2 weeks in my book because not everyone has an efficient refrigerator.
    Also I wanted to mention about the person who wrote you that they had developed eczema all over their face and mouth and was wondering what it could be from-your response that it could be allergic reaction was correct, but I wanted to mention that skin conditions are just about always indicative of something going on in the colon. Very often cleansing will clear it up, or in this lady’s case perhaps it is a de-tox symptom if she is juicing, cleansing or doing green smoothis. Even conditions as mysterious and difficult to treat as psoriasis are helped tremendously by a good cleansing program and a raw food regime.
    Thanks for letting me add my two cents, my friend. Can’t wait for your DVD series which starts in just over a week-first of all to see what I said because at my advanced age I don’t remember-LOL-well we did address cleansing in that segment,and how to tell the difference between detox symptoms and illness, but I am really excited to see all the really great guests you are interviewing and I do mean SEE not just hear…how cool!! You Rock…Hugs Nomi Shannon, The Raw Gourmet

15. Patricia says:

I have a 4yr. old son, who does not eat meat, and very limited fruits and veggies. He love tomotes,red,yellow,green peppers,oranges,strawberries,avacadoes,apples that’s it. I need a superfood green drink I can give him for breakfast. I checked health foods stores and the only thing they have is a chocolate food drink. By the way he has not had milk for two years. Can he drink the green drinks you have for adults?

16. Louise says:

About eczema, it is a condition that is agravated by stress, very closely related to psoriasis….the nerve endings are agitated but are usually calmed by omega fatty acids.
    If large amounts of fish oils or a combination oil is taken the eczema will disapear fairly quickly.

17. fred says:

never tried it

18. Diana van Loo says:

Hey, thanx for the information! I had no idea what rejuvelac was, so now I’m wiser ;-D
    Also thanx for some insight in treatment of skinproblems: I am suffering from acne since I was about 12 (now I’m 35), and especially during pregnancies it’s very very terrible (and hurting), so I assumed that it’s related to hormones.
    I guess I’ll try the cleansing… maybe that’ll help at last ;-S

19. Rhonda says:

A couple of questions regarding Kevin’s show today. What do you mean sit down and eat a smoothie? Secondly, how did eating/drinking smoothies cause you to get candidis?

20. Victoria says:

Rejuvelac – i think its great. wheat is the staff of life and this is a great way to have it! i have made it 2 ways.

1-after sprouting blend 1cup of them for 5 minutes before covering with cheesecloth and letting sit at room temp. for 2-3 days.

RESULTS-highly recommend! the smell and taste was slightly tart but not nasty in any way! i felt good while drinking it and it really seemed to hit the spot, my body would tell me it wanted it when i needed it.

2-after sprouting putting the 1 cup of unblended berries straight into the gallon of water for the same 2-3 days.

RESULTS-not recommended. this batch turned out much more sour and nasty smelling and tasting. i think it actually formed some “bad” bacteria somehow because i got sick from drinking it. i mean sick like soar and itchy throat and a little abdominal discomfort.