Is Urine Toxic and Where Can I Get Me a Nut Mylk Bag – The Renegade Health Show Episode #143

Thursday Sep 18 | BY |

Yuck…

I know some people are into urine therapy… but it’s just not for me.

I prefer herbal remedies, or just plain fruit and veggies as a first resort.

In this episode, I talk about the importance of continuing education, if urine is toxic or not, how to think like a vegan and also tell you where you can get hemp nut mylk bags.

Go ahead and watch now…

Your question of the day: What was the last event or conference you went to and what was your biggest take away?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

The place you can get nut mylk bags (hemp or synthetic) is at www.vt-fiddle.com!

1. del says:

This is for Kevin… “Time is but the stream I go fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. It’s thin current slides away, but eternity remains. I shall drink deeper, fish in the sky whose bottom is pebbly with stars.” Thoreau in his book Walden

Last event I went to was seeing “Simply Raw” the film about reversing diabetes with one of the most powerful medicines on the planet…. a plant base diet of raw living foods. We saw it at Glen’s Catch a Healthy Habit Cafe in West Haven, CT. It is awesome what people can do to shift their entire world just through simple and totally available means. So awesome!

2. Jenni says:

Just FYI, I’m poor, so I try to use materials I already have, and you can make nut milk pretty easily by using a fine metal sieve/strainer. I have one with a long handle, I just put it in top of a pyrex pitcher and let it do its work. Sometimes I use a wooden spoon to squish it down. But dangit, now I want a hemp one! 🙂

3. Welmoed says:

Last event I attended was a Fermentation workshop by Sandor Katz (author of “Wild Fermentation”), sponsored by a local chapter of The Weston A. Price Foundation. We learned that you can ferment just about anything and not to be afraid to try it. Even fruits/vegs that you think are old or are starting to go bad you can still ferment safely. Rather than thinking that you’re wasting your money when buying too much and then having to throw it out before you can use it all, try fermenting it.

Wel

4. Roseanna says:

It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten out, however I did make it to Brenda Cobbs into session, she has some great books and The Living Health Institute in Georgia but I went to her followup seminar on raw foods for the holidays last year around this time and her recipes for – ALL RAW- “NUT KEY” (turkey) and her MASHED POTATOES )made with cauliflower with GRAVY )MUSHROOMS) was epic my take-away was the recipes.
    Also, her creamed spinach, also all raw was spectacular. She has published her recipes in a Vita Mix “cook” book too – check it out as it is great for those transitioning from cooked to raw. Roseanna

5. gurudon says:

so it really is ok to eat the yellow snow?

6. Carol B says:

Kevin,
    You’re a little bit wonky tonight, I don’t think you’ve recovered from the trip home yet!!!!
    Carol

7. Esoteric Engineer says:

The last event I was at:

The Beyond Knowledge Conference, held in Liverpool, England in early May 2008. There were many speakers; I learned about how Jesus was actually the last Pharaoh of Egypt and through his bloodline also the ruler of the known world (hence king of kings). He was exiled to England where he was kept in a custom-built prison.

I also learnt about Codex Alimentarius, and how they wish to eradicate organic farming, garlic, herbal remedies, and how they intend to kill two billion people. And the ‘alternative’ historian, Michael Tsarion was also speaking. Tsarion was talking about the Irish origins of civilization, how civilisation started in the West and moved east, how the leaders of today’s world have their roots in ancient Egypt and continue to worship sun gods, etc.

But, overall, I learned how extremely uncomfortable a chair could possibly be. I learnt that from my butt which was forced to endure rock hard plastic for more hours than I care to remember.

8. Irina says:

Last big event I “attended” was a three part teleclass on EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) presented by Animal Spirit Network, where I’ve learned how to apply EFT for self-help, and to help our animal companions. That was pretty amazing stuff, and I took away new techniques and ideas to try on my family – and my cat. I think it is incredible that a simple tapping sequence can improve how we feel both physically and mentally…

9. jeanette says:

The last event – two hours once a week for ten weeks class from Halleluajah Acres – “Healthy Lifesyle”. Eating raw is great, but not enough, it must be combined with fresh air, clean water, sleep at the proper time, exercise, temperance, reduction of stress, benevolence, forgiveness, etc. It’s not just a raw diet, it’s a lifestyle.

10. Lorie says:

The last event I was at was the “All Girl’s Getaway” to Chicago, put on by our Pastor’s wife, Dr. Stacia Pierce (www.ministry4women.com). The theme was “Being Your Best” and what I took away from this event was that if you want a great life you can’t want, or settle for, “convenience” … to get ahead you have to “inconvenience” yourself (e.g., get up earlier in order to work in exercise, plan ahead in order to pack healthy foods when traveling rather than stopping for fast food, etc.). Although, I think that after a while some inconveniences don’t seem so inconvenient anymore because they become good habits 🙂

11. Jo Anne says:

The last event I went to was Aug. 31st “Greens Can Save Your Life” and the Speaker was Victoria Boutenko of course. She is amazing ! Of course I did walk away with three of her books but also with a commitment to have a green smoothie every day. She had a little story about how she gets her B12— well kids do not wash your organic fruits and veggies as insects have left their eggs that are not seen by the naked eye and will provide us with what we need. What about that guys!

Love your show ! Jo Anne

12. sarah says:

i went to a qigong weekend with dr robin murphy,nd.
    it was fabulous.
    i took away the most fantasic surge of energy and strength and health after a whole weekend of qigong!!!, as well as greater understanding and mastery of this way of living qi practice management exercise whatever you call it – qigong.
    i highly recommend.
    qi cultivation practice and management, for lack of better words, is the one component missing from 99% of all wellness diet exercise health regimes in the west.

13. FrankieClaire says:

I just wanted to say that you can go to Lowes and buy a package of paint strainer bags – three in on package for about $2.00. This seems the simplest and cheapest way to have a “nut bag”.

14. Sue Rushford says:

The last event I attended was Matt Monarch’s talk at Cousins Incredible Vitality in Chicago. I learned that he and Angela Stokes, who rocked my world Apr 17th 2007 by introducing me to this raw thing whereby I immediately went 75% raw (was already 100% vegan) and lost 30 pounds and have only grown in raw-ism, are a couple – I believe he even referred to her as his fiance – I was just so pleasantly surprised as I’m not up on the scene. What I learned in his talk was more just reinforcing and reminding me how important it is to drink green juices – he just went into depth on the subject, how important colonics are, and then he started talking about some extrasensory stuff – now I had powers like you would not believe when I was a kid – they freaked me out & I supressed them – but he made me want to learn more about shakras – also interesting how sensitive he is to things us 75%ers can still eat no problem.

The last book I read was Ultramarathon Man per Kevin’s recommendation – thanks, Kevin! I LOVED that book – read it faster than I’d ever read any book – just devoured it. Ran 25 miles yesterday training for Chicago (Oct 12th), and one saying in there about what doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger was my mantra – what a great book – what an interesting person – thanks again for the recommendation!

And every week I try to listen to podcasts – Laura Fox’s Sedona Raw Spirit Radio I think it is – or whatever you’ve got planned. There’s no end to educating yourself on health, nutrition, and fitness.

– Sue

15. ida margrethe says:

Yes, urine, no, thats just a bit too weird for me i think..

The last ‘event’ i went to was when the Enviro group at uni had a movie screening in the lunch break, they showed a movie about oil and petrol and what happened in Cuba during the “special period” in the beginning of the 90’s. So apparently, because of the events that happened back then, Cuba’s agriculture is today 80% organic.
    I thought that was pretty neat…
    Very informative documentary – i wish i remembered what it was called…

Keep up the good work guys!