Easy Reflexology for Neck and Shoulder Tension – The Renegade Health Show #129

Friday Aug 29 | BY |

This isn’t exactly a workout…

But it fits into the category of muscle tension release… which in turn helps with your workouts.

So this little reflexology demonstration for releasing neck and shoulder tension is something that I think you’ll get great value from.

Go ahead and take a look…

Your question of the day: What is your experience with Reflexology?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment here!

Click here to get a copy of Miriam Turner’s Reflexology DVD

Have a great weekend!

Kevin

1. Loved this Kevin! It helped, felt it after a minute of hand massage. Thank You!!

Will listen again – was too busy massaging to write name of DVD – or maybe it’s on the page.

Anyway, much praise!!

2. tues says:

have practiced reflexology unofficially for about 5 years now. whenever we feel really toxic and congested we’ll rub eachother’s feet and get at those really painful parts. feels so good to know that its helping move everything around. my ex-step-mother (lol) is korean and had this weird rotating plate thing that you’d stand on. it had different levels of these plastic rods that would push up into your reflexology points. it hurt soooo bad but we’d try to stay on as long as we could. thanks for the awesome videos! you guys rock!

3. Gary says:

I love reflexology. I can do just my left foot (or hand, I guess) and walk into the other room and feel the relaxation all on the left side of my body.
    My books all say do the whole of each foot but since neck and shoulder tension are so prevalent in our stressed out society this little “tune up” does wonders for a stiff neck and shoulder tension. Thanks for the reminder.

4. Janet says:

Yeah! A fellow Steelers Fan! Where is your “terrible towel”????

5. Helma says:

Hi Kevin,
    what a great way of spreading the benefits of reflexology….. l am a certified reflexologist since 1990 and besides helping my clients l work on feet before l get out of bed in the morning and that’s a great way to start the day….
    Blessings,
    Helma

6. Jenn says:

Not officially, but this now makes sense why a good manicure/pedicure is a treat and total destressor (when I can afford one that is).

7. Sudhakar Bhat says:

Hi Kevin,

Really appreciate all the trouble you take to
    keep us posted on all health problems covering
    practically every other way to achieve total
    health.
    I have come across another way to target all
    the organs of your body by foot massage. All
    you have to do is take some oil (author talks
    about mustard oil but really it does not
    matter any oil will do) on your say left palm
    and then rub your right foot with the oily palm of your left hand for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then repeat it with other hand and
    foot i.e. right hand and left foot and massage
    it for 3 to 4 minutes – with oil ofcourse.
    While it can be done after your workout but
    before breakfast and similarly at night 2 to 3
    hours after your night meals. Ofcourse it is
    advantageous to wear socks at night lest you
    spoil your bedsheet. The author says each and
    every organ is nicely stimulated and massaged
    resulting in wonderful health benefits. I have
    improvised on this by first standing on an
    acupressure mat for 5 minutes and also
    compressing your both the palms on this mat
    for another 5 minutes thus vigorously stimulating all the organs in the body and then rubbing with the oil which makes it like
    an icing on the cake with the cherry at the top.
    By the way on your wall is a framed photograph
    which is partially visible – is it of an
    Indian Goddess or something?

With warm wishes,

Sudhakar

8. Dedra Henry says:

Great instruction, Kevin – I knew exactly what you meant – -and yep it works!!
    My experience with reflexology? – I was at a resort in Canada and signed up for a reflex foot massage…it totally blew me away..amazingly effective,,I love em :-).
    Have a great great weekend – hugs, Dede

9. Ray says:

none and …GO STEELERS!!! 😀

10. GISELLE says:

ANNMARIE IS ALWAYS HAVING A PROBLEM OPENING THE COVER OF THE VITAMIX. gO TO THE SPOUT STICK A SPOON IN THERE & POP IT OPEN AS IF YOU ARE LETTING AIR OUT OF A JAR.
    GISELLE

11. Gail Wright says:

Please please Kevin include calorie counts for the RAW RECIPES.

Cheers,
    Gail

12. Dolores says:

Hello,
    Thank you for the info on the neck. I’ve been doing reflex. for about 10 years and believe in it more and more. You reminded to take care of my own neck and so I grabbed my little tools that look like clothespin but are not as pinchy and squeezed that fleshy part between the thumb and the index finger, also around the base of the index finger. Ouch! But worth it.
    A note to Sudhakar about the mustard oil. Is that Dr. Singha’s? Also, where did you read the info about it. I just soaked my feet tonight in the mustard bath. Just love the product.
    Can you tell my more about your acupressure mat?

Thanks!
    Dolores

13. Anne says:

I’m still loving the shows, thanks so much. I had reflexology on my feet and they felt good for a long time afterwards. I just tried the hand massage for neck and shoulders, and I’ll definitely be using it a lot.

14. sonja says:

Hi Kevin,
    great show!! tried it straight away and found shoulder area very sore.not notice anything on my shoulders yet. How long should you do this for? My husband tried with no results. He has a very stiff back/neck/shoulder area.
    Would this really make a difference.
    I have had reflexology on my feet, was quite painful at times, did not notice a huge difference, but was very relaxing.

15. Veda says:

Lovely pic of you and Annmarie in your logo!
    Thanks for sharing the reflexology tip, it’s very much needed and self-treatment is always available. Keep Rawking ;.)

16. Stella says:

I am very grateful to you for the education, i have just tried it and it’s working just perfect. i have had neck and shoulder tension for the past 10years now and i just did not know what or where to turn to until today when i just by chance came by your web site. Thank you once again and i hope to feel better in weeks to come.

Stella

17. Meri says:

I have some friends who do reflexology but I haven’t really used it myself. I had a foot massage in Thailand though..Oww!
    Have a great weekend, our bank holiday in the UK was last Monday but I’m off work this week so Yay!!

18. Robin says:

I use reflexology often and have self taught myself. One of the most notable times was when I used it to help my husband through food poisoning. It worked so much faster.

19. Nancy says:

Had always been told and used the pressure in the “notch” of the hand to relieve headaches that were created by the stomach. If it’s painful there and you worked on it the headache would go!
    Love & light, Nancy

20. Toni Reynolds says:

GO PACKERS!!! Even tho I live in sunny FL, I come from WI and I am a die hard packer fan! BUT I did want to tell you that I tried the reflexology for neck and shoulders and it actually hurt which tells me that I really need to do this several times per day. Thanks for the info. I also wanted to mention that I am a week into my new way of eating (basically vegetarian) and it is helping-my weight is already dropping (I need to loose about 50#) and my goal is to go raw. Thank you and Annmarie for your website and encouragement!!!

21. Joanne says:

The thing I love about relexology is that it can be felt so quickly in the body….instant gratification….just like cleaning the house….you see the results right away !! Thanks for all of your hard work….we love and appreciate it out here in Renegade Health land !!!

22. Michelle says:

I’ve used this technique for years. It is nearly 100% effective for immediately releasing a headache. I always ask permission and if granted, will do this on strangers when they mention their head is hurting.

Our bodies are astonishingly fabulous. Thanks for sharing this tip to your huge audience!!

23. Betty says:

I loved this episode!! Please post/talk about self reflexology! 🙂

24. Nancy says:

I love reflexology and needed a reminder. It soooo works, keep up the super work Kevin!
    I would like to know about the acupressure mat too.. where can I buy one?

25. Lana says:

We are great believers in reflexology. I have used reflexology since the mid 80’s and always love what I get from it. I can actually tell how toxic the food I have been eating is by the response in my feet. When I have eaten alot of cooked or soy products I am much more tender then when eating higher quality foods.
    Always want to let you know how much I appreciate your show.

26. andy says:

Very good episode. I used refloxology be4 and i cant say wheather it worked or not. But i know that massaging area between thunb and index thinger activates immune system. Best to find there a painful spot in that area and work on it.

27. Lori Coleman says:

Thanks Kevin! This is great-I couldn’t believe how sore those areas of my hand was! I always have muscle tension in my neck and shoulders (old injuries from falling off horses!) and I can’t thank you enough for sharing that!

I appreciate your show so much!

28. Cindy says:

Hey Kevin,
    Thanks for the post on reflexology. I loved it and must need it as both spots were sore on me. i have a question. Do you have to do both sides to get both sides of your neck and shoulders or does doing one side help both? I had pain & tenderness on both parts of both hands so do I need to do it on both sides? Appreciate your time, effort 7 feedback.
    thanks