Gabriel Cousens Reveals a Cure for Diabetes – The Renegade Health Show Episode #113

Thursday Aug 7 | BY |

Much of conventional medicine will tell you that there is no cure for diabetes…

Dr. Gabriel Cousens will tell you otherwise. His conservative 90% cure rate (meaning no insulin in 21 days) is shocking.

In this video he explains some of the shocking statistics on diabetes as well as his thoughts on our cultural conditioning that makes us hungry and wanting to eat more and more.

Your question of the day: What do you think about the culture of “death” that Gabriel talks about?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Diabetes Resources:

The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center
Gabriel Cousens’ Website
Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days (Documentary)

Kevin

PS. Stay tuned for a special announcement on Monday! 🙂

1. Gary says:

I think maybe what Dr. Cousins is saying is that the passion for your work, your life; the connectedness you feel when you’re turned on to that will allow more compassion for others to develop.
    Going more towards a diet/lifestyle that will cleanse and clear your body and mind of the toxemia we live with daily will facilitate more “spirit” and feelings for others in your life while still taking care of yourself so you’re not a burden to others.
    I don’t know if there is an order–you need to find your passion first or getting your self cleaned and cleared out will help reveal it or maybe either one leads to the other or both at once!

2. Jonathan Silva says:

It sounds like there’s a sort of mind-body connection in relationship to our health. If your mind-mental-spirit isn’t “healthy” or “connected” than that will reflect onto your physical self.

When people try to make themselves healthier they usually focus only on one or two areas to improve in. What I think Gabriel is saying is that we need to look at everything, not just what we eat or how much we exercise, but what we’re doing with our lives and what our motives are.

Good information. It definitely puts a new perspective on how we view our health.

3. Meri says:

He’s bang on. I think the ‘culture of death’ is the problem with our society today. Roll on the culture of Life! I think we ought to examine where this culture of death comes from to help us decide whether it’s something we really want to immerse ourselves in.

4. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie! Love the show and the soundeffects at the end were great! GO BULLS!

Dr. Cousins and his team are doing fantastic work in curing diabetes and it is a very exciting.

It has always amazed me that the medical community has no problem addressing the issue and importance of diet for prevention of diabetes and keeping diabetes from advancing. Yet very little time is spent educating about the importance of what you eat and your health.

Sure, sure, we know eating healthy is important, but I doubt seriously if the major processed food vendors would be in favor of honesty about the crap they think is ok for us to put in our bodies. They want to create a vision on the TV of health and a happy family life around a table of processed cooked foods that often have more synthetic chemical content that actual food. What kind of joke is that?

It is a culture of death, the medical, chemical, pharmaceutical and food corporations, along with the meat & dairy association need and want in order to make a living. I realize that is a pretty strong statement but I would love for all of the aforementioned to step up to the plate and start to change their ways and do what is right for the world and humanity not what is going to be profitable. When did they all sell out? These moneymakers are in favor of the culture of death.

The culture of Death, I feel, has to do with the energy transfer that occurs when eating cooked dead and decaying things.

Live raw food promotes the positive life force energy as the active enzymes in the food help you to digest the food along with those your body has. The nutrients in the foods nourish your body with healing elements.

Dead food has no enzymes to help you digest it so your body has to work harder to get-r-done and instead of being promoting, the food is depleting, draining, and inducing the sleep and grog that comes with heavy unhealthy eating of dead and processed foods. It takes much, much longer and greater work for the body to digest this food. Those foods along with the process of digestion and assimilation, contribute to disease, decay, and death, not only of the human body but the spirit as well. They drain from you thus the essence of the culture of death readily seen in mainstream America and the negativity that stems from it.

To eat a raw healthy live food diet not only promotes the individuals health but also helps to lay the foundation that affords one to build a stronger and healthier emotional spirit.
    To feel connectedness to God, the universe, each other, to realize that each of us matters and that we have an affect on the greater good becomes more apparent along the journey. Thus, there is more love and a higher sense of universal humanity. The raw food lifestyle is one of great growth thus the culture of living.
    By giving the individual the energy to get up and exercise and the positive changes of weight loss and health by way of detoxification, rest and healing one tends to be at a better place to do the work needed to help cure the spirit as well. Thus the culture of LIFE!

To be alive and have the ability to know that you feel better than you ever have felt before, and had no idea just how poor you use to feel in comparison, is in itself liberating and uplifting.

The driving force I feel behind all raw food is the feeling of health one obtains and the desire to continue in the blissful euphoria. Once on the path the spirit has the opportunity to heal as well as the body and those things in the spirit that were invisible to us, are now vibrating in our bodies and felt as the fog or haze we were living in goes away.

5. Leigh says:

Dr. Cousens is right and what he’s talking about is capitalism, consumer capitalism which turns everything into a commodity, including people. Unfortunately, the “American” ethos of individuality dovetails nicely with capitalism, so “I will make it on my own” subtly becomes a way of life that is based on a mindset that it’s the individual pitted against the other individual in order to survive, at any cost.

Separating people from good food is part of this culture of death. And it is the so-called conveniance of packaged food that supports the bottom-line: it’s making money for someone at other people’s expense. Since eating is something we need to do after all, and if our food doesn’t taste good, which even alot of fresh food doesn’t – supermarket foods, packaged vegetables which actually taste like the plastic they’re wrapped in for instance, or don’t have much flavor – then why would anyone want to eat it?

This is a very political issue, because we really need to take a hard look at many values we take for granted, which we may be forced to do in the not-so-distant future anyway. I don’t really understand how people can be ok with a world where so many are unhealthy, poor, under-educated, or homeless. And I’m talking about the US, not places “over there”.

Leigh

6. Bernadette says:

Cheryl.. ditto!! You said it all.

7. Lauren Wilczynski says:

Dr. Cousens has done some great things, but I find it very hard to take him seriously when he starts spouting things out about psychology, which he does not seem to know very much about.

8. Hi Kevin, Annmarie and others,

Thank you for posting this video!

Very often I’ve heard Gabriel speak about the culture of life and the culture of death.
    This week my son and I did an experiment. After not eating any meat for years, we ate out and had some lamb. Yes I know, shocking for a raw food teacher 😉
    I wanted to feel the effect. And I can say: it was enormous.
    Normally, on my raw food diet, I always feel very happy. Everything works out fine and I trust the universe for what is happening.
    After the meat both me and my son felt off track. This was especially clear in our dreams. My son had all kind of dreams in which everything was out of control. In my dreams I was worrying all the time, which was useless and absolutely unnecessary. The next day we had some kind of a hangover.
    After eating lots of greens, some superfoods and drinking lots of good quality water we felt better.
    For me the whole experience was so clear: the lamb couldn’t control what was going on in its life and of course it was worrying. Probably it saw other lambs being slaughtered. I´ve even heard that lambs cry, when they are slaughtered. In this state, with lots of adrenalin in its body, it died. This energy is what we take on if we eat this meat. This experience of the culture of death was so clear to me. Negative emotions were coming out of the blue after eating the meat: the culture of death.
    Now I understand even better why a vegan diet can cure depressions and other psychological problems. On a vegan diet consisting of fresh plant food, I always feel happy and connected: the culture of life.

On my blog at http://www.RawFoodSuccess.blogspot.com/ you can find more video’s about diabetes and part of my video interviews with Gabriel Cousens.

Have a wonderful and happy day,
    Annet van Dorsser
    Raw Food Europe

9. Bernadette says:

Great posts!

10. karennd says:

I tried the raw food diet for about a year, and with my type 1 diabetes my blood sugars still went high and low everyday. I do admit I had to take less insulin, because I was eating less. I also met a raw foodist who has Type 1 diabetes on giveit2meraw and she consulted with Dr. Cousins for a year and took his expensive supplements. Unfortunately, it did not cure her either.

I am going to Brenda Cobb’s Living Foods Institute in November and I am hoping they can help me. I do believe Type 2 is always curable but Type 1 is tougher. Even Sergei Boutenko now says he believes he had Type 2 diabetes.

But now they say they might have a cure for Type 1 in four years that involves insulin in lettuce. http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/results.php?storyarticle=5989

Exciting!!!

11. Clifton Turner says:

Hello, my name is Clifton Turner and I’ve been 80% Raw for about 8 years now. I agree with Gabriel regarding eating Raw to rid oneself of Diabetes. The only problem is maintaing the raw lifestyle during this time when everyone else is not raw. It is extremely difficult not to “fall off the wagon”. For instance, I can somewhat control my blood sugar and know what to do whenever my blood sugar goes high. But I absolute am clueless as to what to do when my blood pressure is high. I wish Dr Cousens would come out with a book called: “There is a cure for High Blood Pressure”, because I’m absolutely Clueless. Eating Fruits, Vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains and derivative there of, don’t work for me to lower my blood pressure. Unfortunately, I’m now back on blood pressure medication, as my blood pressure sometimes goes as high as 220/120. Whenever my blood sugar goes up, I know what to do to get it down, and I see tremendous results in only a matter of days, sometimes just hours. But it’s a different story when I try to do things to lower my blood pressure…like refraining from eating all sweets…even fruit. Maybe if I refrained from all fruit for a year, I might see some results, but that’s such a long time. Do you have any better ideas?

12. Kim Minton says:

Lauren,Regarding your post on August 8, 2008. Gabriel Cousins is a psychiatrist and family therapist and has many other skills and talents. After reading some of his books it is easy to see how well versed he is about the body,mind and spirit connection. Check it out – you won’t be disapointed!

13. Richard Hunter says:

sounds good

14. Richard Hunter says:

Hi,my nephew age 7 has type 1 diabetes tried getting through that culture of death mind set,NHS system so ingrained within/ about ready to give in.milk cheese etc;cooked foods,batters oils saturated fats,hardly any fresh veg or fruit heart breaking stuff. regards Richard.