Two Essential Supplements, Natural Deodorant and Raw Food for Diabetics – The Renegade Health Show Episode #98

Thursday Jul 17 | BY |

WOW!

We got a ton of questions from the last couple of days, which is awesome! That means more people are watching. 🙂

Be sure to tell your friends about the show by sending them an email or clicking on the “Tell a Friend” link here: Send This Renegade Health Show to a Friend

In this episode, I address the two supplements I’d take if I was on a budget, the best natural deodorant (it’s not what you think!), raw food for diabetics, coconut water, when to take probiotics, and more.

I also have an amazing viewer’s attempt at the Viktoras Kulvinskas 5-Times Fast Challenge! So far 7 people have taken me up on the challenge, will you be next? 🙂

Go ahead, watch and have some fun…

Your question of the day: If you were on a desert island, what 2 supplements would you bring?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Show resources:

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days Documentary (Kevin’s Note: This is AWESOME! Please make sure you get this and watch, Annmarie and I LOVED it!)

Gabriel Cousens’s Tree of Life

Jon Barron’s Digestive Enzymes

Shazzie’s Detox Your World – Dr. Martin’s Coco Drink

Deodorant – Natural Antiperspirant

Jameth Sheridan’s Vitamineral Green

Viktoras Kulvinskas 5-Times Fast Challenge

Rules: It’s simple… all you have to do is call the number below and say “Viktoras Kulvinskas” 5 times FAST.

When you do, please leave your name and email address (so we know who you are!) and if you are successful, we’ll send you a free copy of our e-book “The Busy Person’s Fitness Solution.”

In order to claim your prize, it must be on the FIRST time! Go ahead and have some fun and call in now!

Here’s that number (Long distance may apply!):

1 (214) 615-6505 ext 4755

Go ahead and do it now 🙂

(NOTE: For those of you who have done this successfully, we’ll be sending you your gift in the next 48 hours! Thanks!!!)

Kevin

1. Jacqueline Michaud says:

Hi Kevin!
    Some time ago I asked about green bags to keep vegetables and fruits longer. Do you think they are safe?

Jacqueline

2. crow says:

If I were stranded on a desert island I would
    need a good multi vitamin and Omega’s.

3. Joyce says:

The two supplements I take faithfully/daily are Green Vibrance and astaxanthin. Combined with my 60-75% raw diet and regular exercise, these two supplements seem to fill any gaps and I feel great with lots of energy.

4. Jon G. says:

If I were on a remote desert island, I would take krill oil/omega 3s and greens powder

5. amy says:

hey kevin try chlorophyll caps. its natures deodorant in a capsule. it also helps with other body odors besides underarm.

6. Irina says:

The two supplements I would bring are probiotics and a good multivitamin.

7. Ray says:

cacoa & pure synergy

8. I would bring Freelife’s GoChi goji juice (www.found.freelife.com) and DHA from Dr. Fuhrman (www.drfuhrman.com)

9. Astrid says:

You can use raw coconut oil as a deoderant, too–and add your own essential oil to it. Put it on with a cotton square.

10. Meri says:

Astrid, that is so cool. I didn’t know coconut oil would work as a deodorant! I get eczema under my arms some times so I have to be REALLY careful what I use. Coconut oil will moisturize the eczema too so that’s a great suggestion.

The two supplements I would take to a desert island would be David Wolfe’s Sun Is Shining greens powder (also contains enzymes and probiotics so I get 3 in 1 hee hee ;-)) and MSM.

11. makaela says:

Thankyou for all the info / sharing…
    I’d like to share…during lunar cycle.. I tend to use a dab of citricidal (grapefruit seed extract) on an (alluminium -free) crystal rock….works a treat!
    But also like another post…coconut oil…works good toooooo….
    All the brightest Best to Yoooooouuu

12. linda says:

i love the coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract on the crystal rock…great ideas i will try…………..
    what i would take on a desert island
    would be my krill oil from dr marcola
    and my perfect food by garden of life.
    kevin i agree since i started eating vegan with 50-75% raw my need for deodorant has greatly decreased… the fats in my diet come from coconut oil and avocados mostly…
    any comments about these two ways to get fat in the body?

13. Megan says:

We have a great ‘all in one’ type green supplement in Australia called ‘Vital Greens’. I think this would be my choice supplement as I really notice it when I miss a few days. It tastes good also 🙂

14. Jean says:

I would also Take multi with me and probiotic,
    Hey Kevin I also have a new great recipe at least it is new to me.KALE CHIPS, You take kale leaves and cut the spine off. In a bowl put in a tablesoon of sesame seed oil and then put in favorite spices like cumin, garlic,just a tich not even a pinc of cayenne, sea salt… Then put in the kale leaves and smush around until all leaves are covered with oil.
    Put in dehydrator for 1 to 2hrs or oven on low heat. They are really great as chips.

15. Dawn says:

I am grateful for all you share in your shows!

I would take krill oil and a probiotic if I were stranded on an island with plenty of food and water.

One question: What is the Phytoplankton product that you mentioned in today’s show that you take??

Warm regards from Colorado!

16. Al says:

Desert island supplements…astaxanthin & hemp protein powder

17. Heike says:

HI Kevin;
    re deodorant … I agree with the eating fat thing, although never thought of it that way — I thought it was whenever I ate meat, but that would be ihncluded in your fat theory.

Chlorophyl is supposed to be good (internal) natural deodorizer; I’ve been using it for years first thing in the morning in glass of water; great if you happen to party and indulge in wine or alcohol (I don’t do it very often but it is fun sometimes but I am sorry the next day ) If you don’t like the morning after syndrome … drink in a glass of water before going to bed and a couple of glasses first thing in the morning ; I call it natural forgiveness. 🙂

It’s great that you take so much of your time to research and share .. .this has become a great little daily show.
    Heike

18. Valerie says:

If I were on a desert island, I would only take with me my vegan B12 vitamins.

19. Karen Jackson says:

I recently found out that if I pat some baking soda under my arms, there is no odor even in hot weather. What a great find! Kevin, I love Jon Barron’s products too!

20. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,

My husband watched your show with me today and had a little chuckle when you started talking about underarm odour. He liked that part. We both agreed, though, that when we use the Pure and Natural crystal deodorant, we still perspire a lot.. but it does take the odour away. We’ve never found anything that works as well. Like Meri, my husband has trouble with eczema under his arms too, so he has to be really careful about what he uses. This is a good one for him. He’s had no problems with it in the past 2 years since we started using it.

I also agree that certain foods cause more underarm odour than others. I found when I cut out meat and dairy I had less of a problem. It goes along with your idea that the more fat in the diet, the more odour you have. I can see it is probably the fat doing it, now.

As for being stranded on a dessert island, I’m assuming there would be a lot of fruit and greens on the island, as well as fresh water and sunshine, so I am going to say I would take a B12 supplement with me, and my favorite liquid calcium.. LifeTime Cal/Mag/D3.

21. steve says:

Hi Kevin
    I was wondering if I were to collect some natural spring water how long would it keep for before it would spoil
    Many thanks Steve

22. Tanya says:

I’d take Ambrotose (Glyconutrients) and 5-HTP

Lush does a really good deo called aromaco. I’ve tried several others, but that’s the one I go back to.

23. Diane says:

Kevin,
    This is a great deodoran— put rubbing alcohol in a 4 oz. spray bottle and add 8 drops of tea tree oil. After you have used it for a while, you don’t even have to use it very much at all. A lady told me about this in a health food store and I can’t believe how well it works!

24. Leonardo says:

Hey, Kevin and Annmarie! Got a question: Unlike Heike I tend to indulge seldom in sugars like honey or molasses. My diet is relly low on the GI, but sometimes I buy it convincing myself that I’ll just take like a spoon and that’s it. Doesn’t happen. It’s just better to not have it in the house. That is some sort of substance abuse, like alcohol, and it therefore shortens lifespan.
    I would like to know if with time on the raw diet those sugars will became minimamlly tolerable, like, in my case, alcohol. Thanks.

25. Celine says:

Kevin,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

For your informaion: I use a natural product (and it’s cheap) as deodorant: it’s bicarbonate. I put some powder on a cotton, then put some water on it and put it on like deodorant. It works!

I have a question. If I take spirulina every day, does this cover my amount of B12 needed?

Celine (Belgium)

26. sharon ferguson says:

To steve, re spring water, I think different springs have different purity’s and other qualities too, but in general if your source is pure, keeping it stored in ceramic (lead free of course) or glass jars, NOT exposed to light – helps it keep it’s qualities the longest (one test on our water is up to a year so far). Make sure your jars are very clean.

And concerning body odor, I’ve heard and experienced that mango has an internal deoderizer, and that including it in your smoothies regularly makes a noticable difference. My favorite mango smoothie has parsley in it too – which is also a deoderizer. (from the ‘Greens for Life’ book by Victoria Boutenko.

As far as supplements go, I usually take MSM, but on a desert island the food supply would be watered by rain which is high in MSM, so suplementing probably wouldn’t be necessary. Seaweeds would be available so I wouldn’t need kelp or dulse, maybe ascerola cherrry powder for vit c, or lately I’ve been liking that New Chapter C Food Complex. I sure hope coconuts are growing there!

27. harjinder says:

i am 31 and have ms in my legs what is good for ms

28. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!

I love your show. The information is very helpful and it is great to have the input from you other fantastic raw foodies!

I would take High Country Gogi Kombucha and a Vegan B complex.
    To everyone thanks for all the answers and thanks for asking the questions. : )

29. Anthony says:

SUN IS SHINING & ORMUS MONOATOMIC GOLD!!!!!!!!

(Gonna start buying Vita-Mineral Greens now that I found out its WAAAY cheaper!!! LOL)

30. Anthony says:

Maybe zeolites instead if the island was polluted… 😮

31. Nisha says:

Celine (from Belgium)

Brian Clement from the Hippocrates Health Institute says although Blue Green algae (including Spirulina) is a beneficial supplement, it does not provide the bacterial form of B12 that our body needs for proper absorbtion. Based on years of experience doing blood tests, he strongly recommends a bacterial form of B12 on a regular basis.

As far as 2 supplements, I would bring E3 Live and some form of mineral/green powder.

32. Emily Westrick says:

Robert Young in his book The PH Miracle, says he wishes he could recommend algaes, but that they are acidifing to the body and that we should not take them. On most points he agrees with what I have heard you promote. Please take a look at what he has written and perhaps comment on this.

Thanks,
    Emily

33. Evelyne says:

I have been using Young Living Aromaguard deodorant for years. It’s made with coconut oil, beeswax and therapeutic grade essential oils. No propylene glycol nor aluminum salts.

34. Jeanne SDR says:

Leonardo(from above)- I think that the longer your diet is “clean” the more sensitive you will be to sugar. That has been the case for me. I can’t even imagine why one would want to build up their tollerance, and consume refined sugar. The damage refined sugar does to your body is incredible.

Thanx Kev & A.M.

Jeanne SDR

35. Judy says:

I read your book on chlorella. Do you still take 5g each meal. Are these acidic?

36. Anthony says:

Vitamineral Greens & Merlin’s Herbal Magic Elixer would be an excellent combo to take on an island too! 😛

~add some magic to your moment~

37. Traci says:

If I were on a dessert island and could only take two supplements, they would be Miracle II Neutralizer, and Krill Oil. These two products have changed my life.

38. If I were on an island I think it would be a good probiotic and like some others the krill
    oil.

Thanks For all you do for us !

Bill

39. Nancy says:

What is your opinion of fermented foods and drinks.

40. Caudia says:

Hi. I make my own deodorant cream. It does not contain preservatives so it should be regrigerated, but it works great and contains all natural ingredients. You can check out this and my other products ar herbalign.com.

Thanks and have a happy and safe holiday!

41. WOW! These people are great. Pure Virgin CoconutOil does wonders. It can be a deodorant and it is an antibacterial too. IT prevents tooth decay I take it 1/4 TSP daily before going to sleep. I could avoid totally mercury filling, and Root canal treatments ! My gums are very sturdy. Whats more my dancing tooth got fixed and it fell off without a shed of blood. Thanks to Coconut Oil If I were on an Island, I would try on minimum two things only that my NATURALLIFE MASTER MR RAMAKRISHNAN, of http://www.goodlifeashram.com advised. Both are up away from the ground level on earth. Both are getting more sunshine. BANANAS AND COCONUTS !!
    One can stay alive with all nutrients in them for years together. I lived for three months in 1989. Now I take one time cooked food.
    Thanks Kevin for great insights in living.

42. Sally Bennett says:

I would not use rubbing alcohol on the skin, especially under the arms. I use 4 oz. of vodka and about 20 drops of lavender essential oil in a spray bottle for under arm deodorant. Good as a room freshener also.