A Health Lesson Learned from Awful Service – The Renegade Health Show Episode #80

Monday Jun 23 | BY |

Yes, awful service is exactly what it’s cracked up to be…

Plain awful.

We bought a dryer the other day and when they delivered it we found out that when you buy an appliance like this, you don’t actually buy all the working components.

This experience made me reflect on my own health and come up with a new approach…

Go ahead and check it out now!

Your question of the day: What is your “missing plug” and what can you do to get it back?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your comment now!

Kevin

PS. If you think the dryer company is giving some awful service, what about the municipal water companies?!? If you’ve ever wondered what the best water filters are and how you can protect your water from harmful contaminants, please be sure to check out our newest publication “Renegade Water Secrets”. Click here to learn more…

1. ida margrethe says:

oh yeah, def not exercising enough! just got back from a early morning walk, and on that walk i were thinkin the whole time ‘this is mad. why dont i do this more often. i should do this everry day. the beach is neat. i love nature’ and so on! so this was just another sign for me to get up and out more!
    thanks kevin!

and i think its rather strange that the dryer didnt come with a plug, pretty sure ive never heard of that before. hah

2. Jennie says:

Hi Kev, Interesting episode! Missing plug… sleep and/or mental rest. I’m always busy and not getting enough sleep. My mind is constantly working which has created stress and put a strain on my adrenals.

Jennie xoxoxox

3. Liz says:

Missing plug: Not dealing with stress in a healthy way…looking to unhealthy, comfort foods when stressed.
    Proposed remedy: Take myself out of the situation for a minute, and breathe deeply & slowly to regain equilibrium!
    Hoping I can pull it off, by putting it out there & acknowleding it!
    xo
    Liz

4. Stacy says:

Throwing you some love Dude…need more exercise, but I’m a little tired right now.

Gotta question…Nutritional Yeast is a cooked food. So how beneficial is it being that it has been through a heating process? Stacy

5. Ally says:

I am missing patience. Giving up before I see results. Need to remind myself.. it is consistency over a life time that is important.

sigh
    Ally

6. Catherine says:

My missing link is sleep. In about a week I will be able to relax a bit more and catch up on it. School will be out and life will slow down. Then the kids and I can go and swim at the beach.

7. Bernadette says:

You caught me. My missing plug is definitely exercise and getting out in the sun more. I used to walk in the sunshine quite a bit. I haven’t even started yet this summer, mostly because all we’ve seemed to get is rain so far.. so I will tomorrow. I’ve been wanting to get over to Sears anyway. That’s a good 20 minutes away. Definitely won’t be buying a dryer when I get there.. especially one without a plug. 🙂 You’re so funny.

8. Beth says:

Taking a break to do some stretches and yoga earlier in the day to refocus and recharge is my missing plug. Too often its right before bed when I’m too tired! I’m already sprouting alfalfa, clover and radish but want to add in some sunflower and buckwheat lettuce so thanks for the reminder.

Beth

9. Lindy says:

Equipment…using a blender, need a Vitamix
    need a dehydrator
    Need daily break in the sunshine (when it shines).
    Will add sunshine tomorrow.
    Will obtain equipment in the Fall or before.

10. Denise says:

My missing plugs have gotta be I also need a dehydrator as well as I work a lot! I should really take a weekend off and do only fun things. I work a full time job and then taking care of a house and working both the flower and the veggie gardens is a lot!

11. Janice says:

Friends are my missing link. Going to call one up tomorrow and actually get together instead of always making vague plans to do so.
    Also, exercise. Think I’ll marry the two and kick it up a notch!

12. Steve says:

My missing plug is definitely not getting enough sleep.

By the way, it’s illegal in Europe to sell electrical equipment without a plug. Apart from a customer service issue, it’s also a health and safety issue due to the fact that some people could wrongly connect a plug and cause themselves an injury.

Love the shows and watch them every day. It’s amazing how many snippets of useful information you can pick up. It also helps motivate me to do what needs to be done. Keep up the good work.

13. Meri says:

Erm..I think I may have several missing plugs. Not enough sunshine or time in nature (would love a garden so I could grow some of my own food), insufficient minerals (longitudinal striations on my nails and thinning tooth enamel are the evidence). The answer is more walks in the park, move out of London and make sure I get a place with a garden and drink more green juices and smoothies.
    Also, raw food friends or support network could be another missing plug for me. I have only one friend who’s into raw food and I don’t see her often enough. Hardly anybody I know seems to care about their health that much!

14. Meri says:

And for goodness sake – who supplies a dryer without a PLUG?!!! That’s crazy.

15. Margit says:

printers used to come without plugs too,if you remember back that far……
    i think I got it pretty much together now.Went to yourfuturehealth.com and had a complete bloodtest done,then went to a nutritionist and had her tell me what I was missing and got everything she said. All I have to do now is follow thru….plug it all in. We get pretty much all the sunshine we need here in Florida,but the heat comes with it.So I do my walking early in the morning.
    I only wish,I had friends who are into raw organic food!

16. Donna says:

No, dryers do not come with the plug. That could be because some homes have 3-prong and some have dedicated circuits which would have 4-prongs. However, the salesperson should have made sure that you were taken care of.

17. Emily says:

Greens are definitely my missing plug. I know I need them but am having problems getting enough in my diet. Just got a bunch of recipes for some green smoothies, though, so I’m on my way:)

18. Debbie Lee says:

I know this may sound weard but coffee is me plug but in the opposite. I know that if I can quit drinking coffee I can get where I need to go with my health. I already got a garden and I started training again for Houston Marathon. I think it is more of a habit than anything. I have started a cleanse with more greens.

19. Linda says:

Hi Kevin, I don’t know where you and Annmarie bought that dryer but, since we live in the same area, I highly recommend Zemel’s. We bought a kitchen and laundry room full of appliances from them and they installed each piece and made sure that it operated before I signed the delivery receipt.

Anyway, my missing plug was to own up to the downside of my delicious and hedonistic diet. As an avid home cook and professional chef’s mom, I have been enjoying the process of prepping and cooking and eating and fine wines and not enjoying the creeping weight gain that has hampered my exercise results. So, I took Annmarie’s advice and started the 9-day Cleanse program. Honestly, I don’t love it and it’s difficult but I am on Day 6 and have lost 4 pounds and am feeling good and lighter. I think this has supplied a big missing plug for me to reset my eating patterns. Thanks, as always, for the good advice!

20. Alissa Benjamin says:

My missing plug is getting outside more! I work at my desk all day and the realize it has been raining and I did not even know it. Or someone will say WOW it was a hot one and I missed it. I am reconnecting with nature now. I am working in my yard on the weekends because the week does not allow me to get outside. Also moving my office in September to my “outdoor room” which is in the processing of having real windows put in. If I can’t get out during the week at least I can bring some of the outside in!
    Alissa

21. Dan says:

My missing plug has to be consistency. I do really well for 3-4 weeks with my dietary, and exercise plans, but then fall off the wagon for a week or so. I am beginning to think that it may be due to some overtraining, so I think that I am going to try to modify my plans due to that.

Great show kevin, shame on those sneaky dryer salesman!!!

22. My missing plug? You tell me I am totally confused by all the so called “health” information out there!!! I go to bed at 8:30 and rise at 4:30. I sleep like a baby. I exercise one hour daily (except Sundays … I rest). I eat only greens, greens and more greens, fruit, nuts and seeds and sprouts. Oh, and plenty of water…so tell me why am I fat???? I have regular bowel movements and take pro biotic s love life and get sunshine…..love my husband and myself???????Not the 50 pounds of extra fat.

23. Hi Kevin, great to you to draw this parallel between household appliance and personal health!
    I’m also getting to less sunshine, because I work nearly the whole day. Therefore I also have to less time for pleasure and recreation.

Extra question: what is on your black t-shirt? The nutritional values of what?
    Something real or a joke?

24. Rawbin says:

My missing plug is having a set schedule. I don’t schedule in time for housework, exercise, paperwork, and other things which should be included in my daily routine. So, since I’m not following any order, I skip things (like exercise), overlook things, (like home chores) and things aren’t fit into my day like they should be.
    Maybe my missing plug is “The Power of Three” where if it’s not top 3 on my things to do list, I’d better leave it alone.

25. Missing link: exercise and sleep. After watching your video I promised myself to take it more seriously. Thanks. Peter

26. Scott says:

Missing Plugs: Sprouts and Fermented Foods.

Thank you for helping to bring these thoughts to my mind.

It’s time to take Action!

27. Ginger says:

what about money? how come nobody said money? if you have enough money you could just buy all the plugs you need, and have them delivered too. Forget about the plugs, its money that makes the world go around.

28. Jayme says:

Patience, emotional balance, and an outlet for the extra energy I get when I stick to a healthy plan.

29. Mary says:

Kevin,
    I have not used a dryer for years-I hang my clothes on a line to dry in my utility room. I think if people eat raw, they don’t get their clothes smelly and hence should wear them more than once before needing to launder them. Not using a dryer is a contribution to less pollution, using less energy, and enjoying the smell of freshly dried clothes from the outside clothes line when the weather permits.

30. Bea says:

Reminding myself to get away from the computer and stretch is my missing plug. Also wanted to note that laundry magnets and dryer balls are a great way to save $ and the environment. Love your show, keep up the great work–it’s really appreciated.