How Failure Can Help You Achieve Your Diet Goals – The Renegade Health Show Episode #75

Monday Jun 16 | BY |

This is an essential part to success with a raw food diet, vegan diet, whole food diet or any other weight loss plan you’re on…

You have to embrace failure.

I know it sounds weird, but you have to actually use failure to your advantage for your own success. I’ve seen it happen over and over again. So now it’s time for it to work for you.

In this quick video, I show you how you can do it for your own success.

Check it out and take action today!

Your question of the day: What are some of your past successes?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and participate for your own success!

Kevin

PS. If you want more advice like this to help you achieve your weight loss and diet goals, please click here and take a look at our book.

PPS. If you want to hear a great, free podcast series with me check out this site: The Cravings Coach

1. Diana Walker says:

Hey, Kevin!
    Great show, as always…
    Wow — “Legal Drugs Kill More Than Illegal Drugs”…

Love your – “To achieve goals, have to embrace failure” video.

You asked for Successes —-

1. I’m 61 and feeling 40 – just had my 61st birthday this past weekend.

2. I interviewed you on my Podcast

Huge Success – and lots of fun! You are a great guest, and I hope people will enjoy the interview (in 4 parts) that we did.

I really like the idea of listing Successes –I’m off to write more down, don’t want to take up all of your Comment area! (I’ve had lots of failures too on the way to my successes).
    Thanks for all you do, Kevin!
    Diana

2. Trisha says:

OK, I’m ecstatic to say I just completed Zach Even-esh’s Underground Strength Coach Training Certification weekend. I was the only female and the only vegan there. I flipped a tractor tire. I power-cleaned some sand bags. I did pull-ups, plyo-push ups, and kettle bell swings. AND I pushed the “prowler” all over the parking lot. Cool! I got to Zach’s site from yours, Kevin. Thanks for the recommendation. The weekend totally rocked!!!
    Trisha

3. Jenn says:

Doesn’t sound weird, in fact it makes total sense. I think the problem is that in the ‘moment’ most people lose sight of this…that you need to look at overall success and what you have accomplished, not just the bad day/week you might be having.

That said my successes for this week are:
    – I survived my first year in new job
    – lost 2 lbs
    – walked 4/7 days
    – played around and came up with my own ‘superfoods’ treat

4. lisa says:

hi kevin, thanks for the motivation. i tend to get really down on myself when i fail. its nice to see you adress this, so that i know im not the only one. i look forward to your show everyday. thanks so much:)
    lisa

5. Carola says:

Thank you Kevin for another great clip. Just in time when I was feeling much like a failure. Here are my 4 latest successes. 1.Being the greatest Oma (German Grandma) ever(according to my 9 year old granddaughter. :)2.Drinking a quart of green smoothies a minimum of 3 times a week. 3.Eating raw foods daily, even if it is only 10%. Most days it is above 70%. 4.Keep going towards optimal health for me and not giving up. Your daily tips have helped me tremendously.
    thanks again.
    Carola

6. Gracie says:

Hi Kevin 🙂
    I’ve been lurking here for a while and I also am receiving your terrific, inspired and passionate daily injections of light, hope and information. Today hit me deeply and I wanted to say thanks. I am sitting here today Raw and Grateful. I have been at graduating steps of Raw for the last 3 years but within the last 6 months I have been really successful in changing my life through what I put (or don’t put)in my mouth. As you know, it so goes beyond the food, it goes to the basic nature of who we are and what we can do. I have never felt so alive and free from the constraints of the world’s ideas of what I should or shouldn’t eat and do. It is an amazing journey to watch daily as others tread the narrow path by taking control over what they eat, think and do 🙂 I have been successful since May 11th, I have gone almost daily to the local Y and I started by swimming 3 laps and today? I swam 2 miles that is 2×36 LAPS so yeah 72 there and backs! I can’t tell you how long I tried and failed at both Raw and adding exercise but now? I got it! Your dedication to your show and info helps me succeed! Much Thanks to you and your wife for the smiles, fun and encouragement.
    Gracie

7. Clevergrl says:

Wow! This is an awesome topic! I can’t tell you how many times, since I made the commitment to try and go raw in February that I’ve beaten myself up for not being 100 percent raw. While my percentage of raw still varies wildly and though I’m still not at 100 percent where I want to be, now, after really thinking about it, I can honestly say I have had a good bit of success. So for I’ve:

1. Replaced SAD breakfast fare with fresh fruit

2. Completely eliminated white sugar, flour, rice, wheat, dairy and other processed junk from my diet

3. Completed a seven day raw food fast

Looking at this, I realize that a lot of the changes I made have stuck and if I just keep going, even more good raw habits and food choices will stick until its like second nature. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thanks, Kevin!!

8. Lynn says:

I just love your show Kevin. I actually am reading Psycho-Cybernetics, one of the books you recommended on your book review show. I am reading through it pretty fast right now, and then I want to go through slowly and really follow through on the exercises it gives. Your show today really complements what I am reading.
    3 successes for me:
    1. Taking Hapkido classes, I have my green belt now
    2. Doing a juice fast for 17 days (I wanted to go longer, but it was Easter, and my husband didn’t want me to go to his family and not “eat”)
    3. Posting things like this in the internet. I’m not tech friendly, and I never thought I could ever communicate with others in this manner. It takes me awhile to figure these things out sometimes, but I keep at it and eventually I get it!
    Thanks so much for your show, I look forward to seeing you and Annmarie everyday!