The Final, Most Important Toolbox for Great Health and Diet Results – The Renegade Health Show Episode #70

Monday Jun 9 | BY |

We all want results in our health, fitness, diet or wellness programs…

And likely, if you’ve been watching the show the last 3 weeks, you’ve been putting together your nutrition and fitness toolboxes.

These are great when you’re in a bind for a quick workout or a raw food, vegan or whole food meal.

This toolbox is one that you’ll use everyday and get even better results as you use it more frequently.

(And guess what? It’s not hard to use at all… in fact it’s harder to NOT use it)

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What do you do to cool down in the summer?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and post your comment here!

And go ahead and set up your toolbox, ok?

Kevin

PS. A good number of renegade health fans have picked up the “Renegade Water Secrets” Program… Thanks if you have! This program is a collection of candid interviews with health and water experts to determine what types of systems and treatments are best for your own drinking water and beyond. I realized I wasn’t an expert in water, so I called on some of the best to chime in and give their thoughts. Click here to read more about this new and extremely affordable program. 😉

1. Linda Long says:

Cool shower for apt. dwellers.

2. Natalie L. Stennis says:

Hello,

This is the first time I have posted. I am new to this site and I like your shows, very informative. I drink alot of ice cold water, sleep in my b-day suite and stay inside as much as possible to cool down during the summer.

3. Greg says:

I live at the bottom of the South Island in New Zealand and the temperature in summer doesn’t go much above 26c (78.8F) in summer. Only very seldom does it reach 30c (86F). If it ever got really hot I would strip down to a colored singlet and short pants. Also wear some jandels on my feet. You might not have heard about jandels. They are similar to sandels as the name implies but more open and made of a sort of strong foam rubber.

4. Elizabeth DeJager says:

Keep cool in hot weather….jump in a pool

5. RY says:

Poke head under faucet periodically.

6. Dede says:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOU TWO!!!!!!!!

OK, Kevin – here is my tip for staying cool. I learned it while golfing in eastern Washington state – where – if its summer, and its daylight – then its 150 degrees ;-)………

Take a hand towel, put six ice cubes in a row (its ok if they are not organic ;-)), roll the towel – – then slap it around your neck. INSTANT 5 degrees knocked off your body temperature – guarenteed :-).

Or – there is the old Wichita, Kansas trick – ice cubes in a pan in front a fan – – that works too :-).

Gotta go make my little “shrine” – hugs,Dede

7. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

Happy Anniversary!! ..and Best Wishes for a great day. 🙂

The hardest thing for me to do in the heat is sleep, so I’ve discovered if I take a shower before bed and turn a fan on in the room, that usually cools me down quite a bit. Swimming is a great way to stay cool during the day too.

8. Catherine says:

Hi Kevin,
    My kids have a kiddie pool that they play in. When it gets so hot that you don’t want to move, a great way to cool off is to stick your feet in a kiddie pool or a bucket of cool water. At night you can place cool wet cloths on your forehead, wrists and ankles. Works like a charm if you don’t have air conditioning or save on your electricity bill. Also keeping your shades drawn or buying special shades to reflect heat from the sun also work fantastically.

Another thing that works but not immediately are planting trees around your property (if you can).

9. Elaine says:

Keeping cool in this heat is an art.Try this…say you usually take a 5 minute a.m. shower,cut it down to 3 minutes(because we all know we are trying to conserve our resources) and add 2 more 1 minute quick refresher showers one during the day and one before bed. Sound a little crazy? It helps !

10. Annie says:

To stay cool, I eat watermelon! Works like a charm every time 🙂

11. Irma Nance says:

Happy Anniversary!

I have a bell on my key chain. The sound is pleasing to me. I love hearing it in the background everyday. I let it hang from my pocket. I get alot of reviews from people when I’m out. I usually have some kind of little toy on the table to play with.

It’s hot here too. I use the air conditioner, when it gets too hot. The dogs and cat will hear of nothing else(LOL). Other than that I have fans in every room, cool off in the shower. Suck on ice cubes.

12. mradcliff says:

This heat is ridiculous. The sun’s rays appear to be getting stronger and stronger every year.
    I live in WV and it was 100 here today.
    http://www.health-risk-assessments.com Wellness Programs

13. Debbie Lee says:

My garden helps me to relax and to keep motivated. I like to go outside everyday probly 4x and check it out and make sure there are no bugs. I also have trees that we planted and they already have fruit. It is very exciting. We also have 2 ponds we like to jump in to cool off. Hope this helps.

14. Gayle says:

It is supposed to be 103 tomorrow here in Las Vegas. It will get much hotter then that very soon! My husband and I work outside all year long. About the only way to cool off in the extreme heat, with the sun bearing down, is to wear a cotton T-Shirt (for absorbancy) and then a long sleeved shirt ( I know it sounds crazy) to keep your arms from burning. We have a very dry heat here, thank goodness. The T-shirt and long sleeve shirt produe a kind of water cooler effect. You sweat on the T-shirt and the long sleeve shirt allows the breeze (when there is one) to cool you down. If you wear just a T-shirt then when you sweat it becomes like a sauna with the sun beating down on you.

We both wear wide brimmed hats to combat that sun.

We also freeze bottles of water and put them in a cooler which we have with us all the time. As it melts we drink it.

In my house I have installed ceiling fans in every room, that way I can keep it warmer than one would really feel comfortable in otherwise. This helps with the utility bill a little bit.

I know that you have humidity there – so probably very little of this will help you!

15. sharon says:

1) drink a young coconut

2) sit in the sky-chair on the north side of our house where it is always cool no matter how hot it is. Ahhh…

16. Meri says:

Happy Anniversary you guys!! 🙂

I guess it has been hot everywhere then? Even England was scorching and that’s unusual! Not complaining though.

I bet there are monks somewhere in the world that can lower their body temperature at will. I’ve heard of Tibetan monks being able so sit in the freezing snow and melt a large area around their body. I bet they can do it in reverse as well, to cool down. Anyone know the secret of that?

17. Janice says:

Happy Anniversary!!!

I live three miles from the Gulf of Mexico, it’s kinda like cheating since the ocean is so convient, but I just go in for a swim!

Also in the hot weather, i gradually turn the warm water off to the cold in the shower, this will lower your body temperature and assure no sweating after getting clean.

Hot is GOOD, sip some of AnneMarie’s great ginger lemonade.

18. FrankieClaire says:

I have read that one should drink a hot drink when the weather is especially hot. The hot drink will make you sweat and you will feel cooler. Also, from experience I can suggest wearing cotton clothing as opposed to synthetics.

19. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,

In the past, I worked at a place with no air conditioning for the summer and a whole row of windows on the south side, which let a lot of heat in. It was over 100 degrees inside sometimes. Besides wearing light clothing, (shorts, sleeveless cotton tank tops and open sandals I could slip off easily), I had a bucket of cool water under my desk that I would soak my feet in. It was a godsend.

Also, it helps to sip on a drink that is ice cold, or you can make your own homemade organic fruit popsickles, keep your hair wet and keep a cloth soaked in cool water nearby to wipe your face with once in a while.

But don’t forget to sweat in between. Its a good detox. 🙂

Bernadette

20. Katherine Christensen says:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! CONGRATULATIONS, you two lovebirds!!

Regarding keeping cool, one thing that helps me stay cool in summer is my raw vegan diet with fresh garden fruits–like melons and strawberries, and vegetables–like zucchini and leafy greens and sweet bell peppers of varying colors. Sprouts are wonderful as well.

Meats and animal products and grains/legumes tend to be heat-producing, so limit those severely in hot weather. Save them for winter and cold weather! Also, some spices, like ginger and garlic and hot peppers, produce extra body heat. I like adding those to my raw winter “soups” and other raw food dishes. Cooked food seems to generate more body heat, and that might be nice in winter but less of it in summer is helpful.

Another thing that is helpful is drinking lots of water. I like mine room temperature–unless I’ve been outside and overheated and want to cool off FAST with ice cubes or chilled water. Normally, though, my body cools fine with tepid water, and lots of fresh raw fruits and vegetables with high water content.

Here’s to keepin’ it cool this summer!

21. ida margrethe says:

aww kevin! congrat on ur anniversary, thats awesome.
    we (well i) think its intr too see stuff that is in your life. Its always fun to see how and what other people do..

summer..well, im not really livin somewhere its super warm, lucky i would think…but when im spending time in hot areas, well, go swimming, chill out in the shade as much as possible, hyrdate heaps (i drink herbal teas..), and change clothes ninety times a day if i have to ;]

great show, kevin!
    (i have pics of my cats on my desk, and a pic of my mum and dad from the 70’s. and art of rainbows which makes me happy. oh! and cow drawings)

22. Lindy says:

Congratulations Kevin and Annemarie on your first anniversary! Here’s to many years of happiness.

I keep my sweatbands in the freezer, then wear one over wet hair.
    Eat a lot of cold watermelon and frozen grapes.

Now to putting my personal corner together.

23. Christine says:

In the morning, drink a tumblerful of fresh, raw, organic celery juice. Have another in the afternoon. I tried this before leaving the house. At work, in the office, I wondered why everybody around me complained of the heat. Then I remembered my juice and I didn’t even have the second one in the afternoon. Just try it.

24. Elene says:

WOW fabulous ideas from everywhere! Although in consolation, sweat is the elixer of youth!
    We are committed to leaving our air conditioner set at 78 this year, many of these will come in handy! My motivation kit is at my desk. It contains a Yoda toy,(“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” Master Yoda), a feather I found while hiking, congratulation cards from my sisters that I lost tons of weight. Picture of the ‘old’ me, pictures of my grandchildren, they are wonderful motivation for staying healthy.

25. Yves Lehmann says:

To stay cool when it’s too hot outside I just take the Hydration Formula from Dr Claude Matar put it in the freezer so that it get really cold and icy with some lemon in it so not only I hydrate my body but I also cool my body down and it really do the trick as one of the element of the problem is too hot and the other one is dehydration!!!

Yves.

26. faye says:

A hydrotherapy technique that helps cool you down is to put some cold water in the bath (or bucket) – up to your ankles – and paddle around for a few mintues. The coolness draws the heat from your body. This also really works for insomnia as it helps to draw the ‘busy-ness’ from your mind (if you go to bed with wet, cool feet). Wish it was that hot over here though (the UK)!

27. Wendy says:

how lucky you all have it so warm; our high here is only 57 these days!! But when it is hot, one sure way of staying cool is to remove your shirt, wet it down, and then put it on again. Might not be acceptable in public, but it sure does help!

28. del says:

When it’s hot I love to drink a big glass of cold coconut water or make some cool water melon-aid with water melon and fresh lemons.

If I have some office things to do I like to take my laptop to the local library and do my work there. My office is on the top of the house close to the roof and the heat can be intense in the afternoon. So I like to open the windows to let the heat out rather than having to put the air conditioner on or even a fan. Using ancient sunlight (namely fossil fuels) is NOT cool. The shade of a trees is awesome too. Thank goodness for the trees. The transpiration and shade gives an incredible cool space to BE in.

29. Gwen says:

Hi Kevin,
    I really love your shows! I know I am posting this late but what I do to keep cool is eat citris fruits. They will keep you hydrated which keeps you cool!
    Also I don’t spend much time outdoors, only about 10-15 minutes in the morning for that vitamin D. I can keep my thermostat on 78 and still stay cool.