Crevax Weight Loss Pill Scam Exposed! – The Renegade Health Show Episode #68

Thursday Jun 5 | BY |

I’d like to interrupt water week with this news announcement…

Recently, a posting on Raw Food Talk and We Like It Raw has exposed a testimonial photo scam for the weight loss pill Crevax which is sold by the parent company Nathans Natural.

Intrigued, I decided to do a little more digging and came up with some really fishy stuff. Much more than the malicious use of other people’s weight loss images.

Take a look and you decide if this is a weight loss pill scam or not…

Your question of the day: What do you think about this weight loss pill scam?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and post your comment!

Also here’s how you can take action:

Visit the Federal Trade Commission site and file a complaint. Click here to go to the site.

When you file the complaint, (BE NICE AND COOL-HEADED!) and please make sure that you mention all three sites NathansNatural.com, ViSwiss.com and Crevax.com and you include these bullet points:

• – False use of product testimonials.
  • – Misrepresentation of weight loss images.
  • – Potential internet fraud.
  • – Misrepresentation of business location.
  • – False claims of product effectiveness.
  • – Violation of FDA Food and Drug Acts

The more people who file complaints the more attention this will get!

Thanks so much for helping out. It’s grassroots movements like these that actually create change. 🙂

Kevin

PS. If anyone knows anyone in the press that would be interested in covering this, please forward this along!

1. Dhrumil says:

Great video Kevin!

2. Joyce says:

Thanks for bringing this to your readership’s attention. There are too many false claims for foolish products foisted on the general public. But then too many ‘dreamers’ want a quick fix…still looking for the magic pill, perfect prey for the scammers.

3. Shaun says:

Kevin, filing a complaint using the online form is a bit difficult since you have to state things that happen to you personally.

I found it much easier to call:

1-877-382-4357.

Shaun

4. meredith says:

Hi Kevin,
    I have a friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctors want her to undergo a masectomy and 6 months of chemo and radiation. We met at Optimum Health Institute in San Diego,where we both were there for 3 months. She is familiar with healing through natural means and plans to treat her cancer in that manner. Where do you feel the best place for a person in her situation would be to go and treat herself. If it was your wife , where would she go?
    Thank you so much for your input, Meredith

5. Jenn says:

I think it is one more reason I don’t take anything more like that or believe in many of these things, but thanks for looking into it and letting everyone know!

6. Irma Nance says:

I agree with Joyce, about the quick fix dreamers. Thanks for exposing this product. Keep looking after us.
    Thanks

7. Nurse In The Raw says:

Just wanted to let you know that I submitted the Crevax Scam to Fox News. Let’s see if they pick it up.

8. Jennie says:

Kevin, this post is just one of the reasons that I watch every DVD you send. You are awesome!

xoxoxo

9. Meri says:

Typical. This isn’t really a surprise to any of us, is it? There is NO pill in existence that will MAKE you lose weight, and I would be very suspicious of anyone claiming to have manufactured anything that does just that. I wonder how many more scams like these are out there? I would guess thousands – especially in the field of weight-loss and sexual function. The amount of spam emails I get alone will testify to that!

Meri

10. Donna says:

Don’t they all do this? I mean, really – you never know what you’re buying, whether it be from TV, the internet, or the store. How do you really know that the vitamin you’re buying has 250% of the RDA of B6 or whatever?

Television has ads for weight-loss pills (which have a different name every couple months) that are supported by research from the “Obesity Research Institute.” No location is given. And there are other products that are “endorsed” by “doctors.” There’s even one pill out there that promises you don’t need to exercise but the fine print recommends that you do.

And have you read the fine print on the Nutrisystem ads? You need to provide your own fresh produce, salads, and dairy items in addition to the program food!

So, my point is, why would you be surprised that this is a scam, too? I think all weight loss supplements are a scam. They promise you can lose weight in your sleep, you don’t have to change any of your bad habits, you dont’ need to exercise, etc.

Joyce is right. There are too many people looking to get different results from the same behavior that made them fat in the first place.

11. Dede says:

I certainly agree with Jennie – the diversity of the content in your videos is terrific…5 days a week…I just don’t know how ya do it.

The market is sooo satuarated with “wonder cures” for anything that ails ya – health, financial, relationships…the list goes on and and on. Its sad and pathetic how it feeds on people’s insecurities. There’s just WAY too much “life spam” out there….know what I mean?

You are right – reporting the blatantly dishonest ones is part of our responsability even tho it seems like it is only a drop in the bucket..one voice turns to many…

Thanks for makin me think :-)!! Dede

12. Bernadette says:

Thank you for looking out for us once again Kevin. It IS pretty unsettling that the general public cannot trust what they are buying, not only in the area of supplements but also clothing, prepared foods, anything… and we don’t really even know what are in some of the properly prescribed prescription drugs that are being sold, let alone what they might do to us. I’m really curious about what they were putting in those Crevax capsules. You have to wonder.

There are some terrific supplements out there and there are some real scams. How is anyone supposed to know what is legitimate. Thanks to you and others, like Mike Adams, who are constantly on the look out for us, we can at least make a more informative decision about what we want to put in our bodies.

It really is another argument towards getting good nutrition from wholesome food sources and buying from local farmers who you know and can trust.

13. Jos says:

As usual great show Kevin! and thank you for keeping us informed of that kind of scam.

14. Jim Labadie says:

Thank you so much for exposing these frauds, Kevin. As you are fully aware, these con artists make it that much more difficult for companies that actually sell reputable products with real benefits. It’s good to know we have people like you exposing them for the world to see.

Best,

Jim Labadie
    CEO

15. Erin says:

Do you know if Emma, I mean, Angela 😉 and the others who’s pictures were used without permission are making complaints on those grounds? That might prove even more effective than the false advertising approach.

Good detective work,
    -Erin

16. Lana says:

Of course we all know about the false claims. But as far as most of us knew the people in the adds were paid and or photo-shopped. To me the issue here is the use of peoples images that have a ligitimate weight-loss story and whom we all know would never want their images used in these ways.
    I would be livid if I were any of them. But knowing these ones by their reputations I am sure they will handle it with grace.

17. Dan says:

Hi, I would REALLY like to buy your champion juicer.Please let me know how much you want for it. Thank You for your great shows and content. Dan

18. Justin says:

Thanks for the investigative work Kev! I filed my FTC copmlaint. Keep up the detective work.

19. Kay says:

Hey, Kevin

The young lady (brown hair, brown eyes) is named Britanie, and she is on Shazzie.com (UK raw chocolate, whom you’ve interviewed before). Her picture and story is one of the ones featured in Shazzie’s “Transformed!” gallery.

Keep up the great work!

Kay

20. Elaine says:

Kevin,
    I do a lot of traveling and I do not bring a lap top so when I get home it is so wonderful to catch up on your site.Thank you for sharing this info on scams with us.So many people are scammed daily in life it is disgracful,disheartening and never ceases to blow my mind the lengths people will go to make money.

21. Carolyn says:

Thanks Kev!
    Submitted my complaint this afternoon. Always get “awesome” information from your show! And I never know what to expect. I love that.
    -Carolyn

22. Rawbin says:

Thank you for doing this! It must have taken a lot of your time for research, filming, and editing. Love your show.

23. Lindy says:

There is strength in numbers…I will definitely file a canplaint with the FTC. Thanks Kevin, for your efforts in researching this so extensively.

It’s examples like this that makes those of us who are new to the raw foods concept, so glad you are doing your show. At least we have somewhere to turn with questions and doubts, and get trust-worthy answers.

My computer was down, so I have a bit of catching up to do. Now it’s back to my nightly treat. I am learning so much from you and Annmarie!

Thank-you, thank-you,
    Lindy

24. ashley says:

man am i glad i googled CreVax!! i was on their page not 20 minutes ago ready to order. thanks.

25. ashley says:

man am i glad i googled CreVax!! i was JUST on their website, not 20 minutes ago, ready to order!! thanks!!!
    p.s. does anyone know any products that ARE real?

26. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Ashley! So glad we could help 🙂

I will cover natural weight loss aids in an upcoming show! I hope you’re around to watch!

27. hope says:

thanks for the information, your video is really helpful.

28. ~K~ says:

Thank you for posting this warning. I was minutes away from purchasing a bottle but decided to do a lil more research…This is my first time viewing any of your reviews and I would be interested in finding out more about you and your show..

Thnx and be blessed,

~K~

29. anonymous says:

o god,
    i am fkin cryin as i write this, this pains me to the bone.. i am a freshman college student, mechanical engineering major, working part time trying to fkin make it. i bought this crevax bout two weeks ago costing me $77 a bottle total which was more than half of what was left in my bank account. i looked through the site pretty thoroughly and thought it was legit but after two weeks of using the product and being on a diet, i realized i felt no different, thats when today i typed in google crevax scam and a whole bunch of information came up and God i thought this was an investment, this shit hurts so fkin bad that it was for nothing. is there any immediate action to be done PLEASE HELP!

30. Elva Garcia says:

I was reading testimonies on a different prouct called Acai Berry Supreme, it’s also for weight loss. While I was looking at the pages,I noticed the same Pic. on every page but with a different name.
    Could this be a scam too?
    To see the Pics google lean protein,
    click on Diet Question,
    click on Quickest Weight loss Deit
    it will take you to the page, click on these to see pics.
    – I Lost a Pound Every Day
    – 2 Rules for Stomach Fat
    – 2 Rules for A Flat Stomach
    – How to Lose Stomach Fat

31. Chelsea says:

i was reading comments… and i feel like a complete idiot like my fellow freshman in college. i gained so much from school food filled with carbs and i was hoping that spending this money would help me to lose all the weight i gained.
    i feel horrible. i spent that money hoping that i would atleast go back down to my original weight.

i’ll be honest… i took my first set of pills and i felt almost sick or dizzy-ish idk i cant discribe how i felt… and it made my stomach feel odd so i assumed it ment it was working…

does anyone know of anything that ACTUALLY WORKS?!
    i’m so disappointed that someone would do this to people who actually want to lose weight due to stress and lack of time to workout at the gym.
    please help me…

32. Jodyq says:

You know it is really sad when companies take peoples desperation to lose weight and be healthy for granted. There is no “magic pill” to lose weight… even pills and “programs” that say you will lose weight or your money back have serious impacts on your health. What actually works is eating healthy, exercise and the willingness to shed the pounds. What would work is seeing a nutritionalist who will implement the “Food Pyramid” in the creation of a easy to understand diet. And making small changes in your lifestyle like if you drive park 2 blocks away from your destination to get that walk in, take the stairs. Do small things and you will be in better health. Get a good doctor and discuss all health programs before you join…….
    Thats all… to the creator of this website YOU ROCK…. To the visitors of this website please take care of yourself.
    Jody Q.

33. Teresa Nunez says:

This is a scam! I purchased 2 bottles, and all I lost was my money. This is false advertising.

34. Joan Warner says:

My daughter bought Crevax and it made her lightheaded and woozy. I called and of course they refused to refund the money. There is NO 100% satisfaction guarantee…they are truly a rip-off. I wish she had seen your website before buying. Now she is out $60.00 and they laugh all the way to the bank.

35. Vinod says:

Saw your investigative reporting on Crevax. Luckily I did, I almost bought it just this second.

Thanks for the heads up,

Vinod
    Trinidad, West Indies

36. Jim Fyde says:

Great video !! (about Crevax)

We are working on exposing some of the bogus health claims of the church of scientology.

They are very big on scams that claim to work particularly health food Kevin Trudo (type not Kevin himself) style scams.

We have a link to a Jeff Stone who is a “compound pharmacist” and on the County Board of Supervisors near their National headquarters.(it just so happens that he likes voting machines that are easily tampered with and the polling place is inside the church of scientology.) http://www.bradblog.com/?p=4043

He is also protecting the cult we are trying to figure out why. The fact that they use dangerous levels of B12 in their “cleansing” rituals is a good start but we think there is more they have a lot of vitamin dealers in Scientology.

If Stone is involved in something “a little more shady” it is likely that Scientology is funding it. (at least that is my gut feeling)

If you can help me find out where these scams come from in any way or how to track down their local sources PLEASE let me know.

Thanks
    Fyde.

37. anonymous says:

If you use McAfee SiteAdvisor, please provide a report on all Nathan’s Natural websites. Select “Phishing or other scams” when reporting these sites. Nathan’s Natural’s products include: Vilift, ViSwiss, Vitager, and Crevax.

One thing this video didn’t mention is that Nathan’s Natural illegally uses the McAfee and Verisign logos on the Vilift and Crevax websites. Just another thing to add to the long list of shady things this company does. It blows my mind how Nathan’s Natural is still in business.

Although this video is great. The word about this company needs to be spread farther than just this website. Please help by reporting Nathan’s Natural’s product to McAfee SiteAdvisor.

38. anonymous says:

Remember – The scam doesn’t just apply to Crevax.

Nathan’s Natural scams people with their other products: ViSwiss, Vilift, Vitager, and Hot Hoodia Plus.

How can this company continue to operate?

39. Whitney says:

Thank you so much for posting this video it has helped alot! I just sent in a complaint at that website. Bless you!

-whitney

40. Renee says:

seriously . .thanks for this . .I was researching weight loss pills, and I came across the Crevax site. It looked awesome, but thank god I always research a product before i buy it lol
    Thanks for the video. really helped 🙂