Insane Vegetable Instruments – Watch Out Kenny G…

Saturday May 10 | BY |

I love calling out creativity when I see it…

I don’t know if it gets any better than this, nor do I have and idea what I was searching on YouTube when I found it. 🙂

This guy from Japan, has figured out how to make some pretty cool instruments from the stuff you have in your fridge.

I’ve posted a few of his videos here for you to check out! (I’m kind of afraid, that this may in fact be more entertaining to watch than the Renegade Health Show… I’ll just have to kick it up a notch!)

Vegetable Instruments Video #1

Vegetable Instruments Video #2

Vegetable Instruments Video #3

Here are all the vegetable instruments he’s made over time. I have no idea what he’s saying, but the “asparagus” part is hysterical!

This might be considered abuse by some raw foodies… 😉

1. A.J. says:

I like this guy, he never listened when his mom told him ‘don’t play with your food’

2. Karri says:

Hey Kevin,

That’s a pretty cool vegetable blower, but I still think I’d rather eat mine!
    Excellent video ::))

Karri

3. Joey says:

I have always professed to enjoy playing with my food, but this brings it to a whole new level, thanks for sharing this with us Kevin, I got a real kick out of them.

Joey

4. Jennifer says:

Hi Kevin,

The thought never occurred to me to do that with my veggies before. Guess that’s why he’s the vegetable musician and I stick to teaching people how to put them in their mouth in another way, by eating them. I think my approach is much yummier!

Very creative!

5. kanti says:

Fabulicious!

6. Gracie says:

What’s NOT to love about Tooting your Food! HAHA

7. Lauren says:

???????
    (Awesome!)

And Kevin, he’s basically just describing the instruments, telling you what they’re made from, and what sort of instrument his creations are imitating.

8. Janice says:

I guess it goes to show you that you can play your flute & eat it too! I especially liked the food combining there at the end of the last one.

9. Anna says:

Hi,
    I really got a kick out of this! Ingenious, Hilarious and downright Odd…

I did not really give my two cents about your shows last week and just wanted to mention that I really like the Stream of consciousness/Spoken word Shows – they are thought provoking and really emanate from your soul. I also like the fun, funny and delicious days in your kitchen. Annmarie really puts her heart in the recipes…
    I also appreciate the subtle yet hilarious integration of humor.
    And Q and A is always important…speaking of which, I have a question. This is for you and anyone else who reads this. I know you mentioned it before, but what diet do you feed your little gray kitty? Sorry – I forgot his/her name. I currently feed my precious feline Basic Instinct, a raw kibble – she is addicted to the crunch between her teeth. But I want to supplement her with some healthy wet food too.

Thank you for everything!
    And HaPpY MoThEr’S DaY!

Anna

10. Arch Richardson says:

Hi Kevin,

I would love to know your thoughts on Dr Graham Douglas and the 80:10:10 way of eating, (I am not a fan of using the word “diet”). I have read his book and it is very convincing, I get the impression that a lot of prominent raw food experts are not comfortable with his hypothesis.

11. Lindy says:

Question of the Day:
    Do organic vegetables produce better tone quality than non-organic veggies?
    Thanks for sharing, Kev

12. Laura says:

Oh, thank you! This is priceless!

13. Steve Mackel says:

Dozo – Way to rock your broc 🙂 Nice tone too.

14. Jonathan Silva says:

I knew food had multiple uses!

15. Sara says:

Thats a riot! Makes me wanna tryout making some instruments with food;P

16. RY says:

You better make that kick up two notches.

17. Bernadette says:

Environmentally friendly instruments…that’s cool.

18. Dede says:

this guy is the best – great use for brocilli ;-).
    Oh – in answer to Friday’s question about Mother’s Day….. I went mushrooming in the woods with my 87, soon to be, 88 year old mom for Mother’s Day weekend – NOTHING stops her or her energy :-). AND – – we found some mushrooms!! – YUM!!

19. cheryl says:

thanks this was great

20. Maureen Gianni says:

Hey Kev and Annmarie,
    Thanks for the celebrating Mother’s Day with me. Your raw flax chips are the best and the macaroons were a big hit at my meeting this morning! Who knew healthy could be so good!!!!!
    Love you both,
    Mom

21. Riana says:

OMG!What a wonderful use of vegetables.And eco-friendly too;p