Vitamin B12 for Raw Food, Vegans and Everyone Else – The Renegade Health Show Episode #48

Thursday May 8 | BY |

The vitamiin b12 debate is a popular one in many raw food, vegan and nutrition communities…

If you’re into raw food, a vegan, or even someone who eats a whole food diet that includes meat, eggs and/or dairy, you’ll want to watch this show.

I run over the types of vitamin b12 that you can find in your cabinet, what types of food sources are appropriate, the skinny on spirulina, and where you can find out for yourself if you’re deficient or not!

Why vitamin B12? You want to keep your brain and nervous system sharp. Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to poor memory, depression, fatigue, and neurological damage.

(I also talk about the hippie guy on my desk and answer a non-health related question as best I can…)

Your question of the day: What episodes do you like and which ones should we can?

Your comments and feedback are super important so be sure to click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tell us what you like and what you don’t!

BTW: B12 Testing can be done with Dr. D.

I wrote to him to ask him if he did the urine MMA type of testing and in proper Dr. D fashion, I got some great information back… I asked if I could share his email with you and he said sure!

Here it is…

Hi Kevin: The short answer is yes! But, you know me – there’s a lot more to the story (most of which you probably already know). The condensed version regarding the testing itself is that a blood B12 level measurement is a very unreliable test for vegans, particularly for vegans using any form of algae.

Algae and some other plant foods contain B12-analogues (false B12) that can imitate true B12 in blood tests while actually interfering with B12 metabolism. Blood counts are also unreliable as high folate intakes suppress the anemia symptoms of B12 deficiency that can be detected by blood counts.

Blood homocysteine testing is more reliable, with levels less than 10 mmol/litre being desirable. The most specific test for B12 status is methylmalonic acid (MMA) testing. If this is in the normal range in blood (<370 nmol/L) or urine (less than 4 mg/mg creatinine) then your body has enough B12. Many doctors still rely on blood B12 levels and blood counts. These are not adequate, especially in vegans. Vitamin B12 can not be absorbed on its own: it must first combine with another substance called 'intrinsic factor' which is produced by your stomach lining. B12 from foods is released from its protein complex by the action of hydrochloric acid and enzymes. The secreted intrinsic factor then binds to B12 and this complex (IF-B12) travels to the end of the small intestine where it crosses the intestinal wall into the bloodstream. B12 is stored in the liver after it is absorbed, and any excess is excreted in the urine. The body contains roughly a 3-year supply and 30% of that found in food is typically destroyed by cooking. So, there are some viable solutions if this deficiency is a concern or suspected!

If you are concerned or want to know if you’re getting the right amount of vitamin b12 and if your body is absorbing it, please visit Dr. D’s site by clicking here and tell him I sent you ๐Ÿ™‚

UPDATE: You can also check out Norman Clinical Labratory. They will send a uMMA by mail for (as of this post date) $150. Click here and tell them I sent you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didnโ€™t change the way he was living โ€” he might go down that same path. Since then, heโ€™s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, heโ€™s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols โ€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more โ€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com โ€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Jacqueline Michaud says:

Hi Kevin!
    I like the question and answer episodes as well as in the kitchen the most. I am not as fond of the fitness and essay ones. You’re doing a great job! Thank you!

Jacqueline

2. RY says:

I vote for the variety in shows.

3. You wanted to know why the toilet (and also water in your kitchen sink) rotates in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere as compared to in the northern hemisphere. The reason is coriolis force. To keep it simple, remember the earth, and with it the water in your toilet, is rotating. In the northern hemisphere, the southern edge of the water is spinning just slightly faster than the northern edge of the water, so the water rotates. It’s the opposite in the southern hemisphere. You can overcome coriolis force easily and force the water to spin whatever direction you want with your hand, though. Just push it around and it will spin as it goes down the drain. You probably don’t want to do that while flushing your toilet, however, Kevin. ๐Ÿ™‚ Unless you’re wearing a rubber glove…

4. Joyce says:

Info sessions, like today’s, is high on my fave list. “In the Kitchen” with Anne Marie would be a good weekly episode. btw: made your guac today.

I think fitness sessions are important since you have the knowledge and background (concentrate on what you know best) and essays on relevant, newsworthy subjects should be an important part of your overall strategy.

Well, that’s my 2 cents worth. Love your down to earth, non-condescending approach.

5. Jenny says:

Hi Kevin,

I love almost all your episodes!! The only ones I have not tried to apply are the fitness ones which might be too advanced for me at this point in my life. Not to say they won’t be applicable at a later date though!!

Please keep supplying us with wonderful, healthful, and informative info. Not to mention all your humorous moments which gives me my laughs for the day (^_^).

Blessings,

Jenny

6. Rev Bob says:

I like all your “Episodes”, but “In The Kitchen” are my favorites.

7. Liz says:

Hey Kev!

I totally love all the shows, and love the variety!!! Don’t change anything!!!
    Variety is the spice of life, no? Keep on keepin’ on!

xoxo
    Liz

8. Stacy says:

Hi Kevin, I love your show! I usually skip fitness Friday. But I still love seeing you in your garage next to your Napoleon Poster. For your next theme night in the kitchen I would like to see you dressed as Napoleon and prepare raw Quesodillas.

Question…I took a B12 lozenge sold by Gabrielle Cousin’s website…tree of life.com. I was so dizzy for 2 weeks. I could not function. I have been afraid of B12 ever since. Have you ever heard of this happening to anyone? Thanks for your great show. Stacy Stowers

9. Karri says:

Hi Kevin,

I really like the “in the kitchen” episodes with all the great recipes. I also very much appreciate shows on health/nutrition, like tonight’s episode about B-12. More important info like that, please.

Great job,
    Karri

10. Laurel says:

Thanks for posting this video Kevin. I’ve been a little nervous about this for a while now, and have been wondering which B-12 supplement to take. I eat 1 or 2 servings of fish each week, I’m wondering if that’s enough to keep my b12 up. . . hmmm.

My favorite shows are the cooking ones :). I dont think you should get rid of anything that you’re doing. It’s all great!

11. Helen says:

Hi Kevin,

So far I’ve seen all your shows. I don’t usually make a comment but I want to let you know I enjoy all of your shows. Please keep the variety!
    Thanks!

Helen

12. Stacy says:

Kevin, The B12 that left me feeling ill for weeks after taking it was Perque B-12 Guard. Stacy Stowers

13. Rawbin says:

I like the exercise ones, the kitchen ones, the environmental ones, and the educational ones. I like it when you add images in while you’re talking or doing something while you’re talking. Otherwise it’s just like a podcast. I mean you’re not bad to look at or anything, it’s just that I’m easily distracted by other things happening on my screen. For example in this video, you could show a picture of spirulina powder, then a bottle of vitamin B-12, etc., Or that really long word you said (I won’t try to spell it) could flash across the screen ( I learn best this way)… over all, my total faves are the exercise and kitchen.

14. Dede says:

Kevin – what are the sources of B-12 in the average American diet? I guess what I mean to ask is if you eat a little of everything except absolutely no red meat – are you running a higher risk of being low on B12?
    thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ dede

15. Dede says:

me again – – never mind – – I understand now – Fish and chicken provide B12 – so ya don’t need red meat…I understand :-). Dede

16. Claudia says:

Hi guys! I love the weekly format. My favorites are In the Kitchen and Video Essay.
    Super Job!!!

17. Donna says:

Hi, Kevin:

I just stumbled upon your site the other day. I would like to ask why you didn’t mention nutritional yeast as a source of B12? I was under the impression that it’s a great source of Vitamin B and other minerals. Am I mistaken? Please let me know, because I don’t like to take vitamin pills if there’s a better way,

Thanks

18. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

thanks Bob for the toilet advice… I’m definitely the one who’d be playing in the toilet… not Annmarie ๐Ÿ™‚

Stacy, have not heard of that at all. I wouldn’t let that scare you off of B12, but I’d check with an MD or Naturopath to see what’s happening… *UPDATE! Annmarie reminded me that when she took a sublingual b12 about a year ago she was getting tingles in her hands and felt like she had medicine-head. This was due to too much at one time. B12 “overdose” will give you those symptoms… so maybe you took too much on the first shot. ๐Ÿ™‚

Laurel, in most cases, people who are eating meats like fish, chicken, red meat, don’t need to be concerned as long as they’re metabolizing B12. You can always test if you’re super concerned ๐Ÿ™‚

Donna, welcome! I’m glad you stumbled here! I think it’s my role to be responsible when it comes to recommendations, so I will say this… I too have heard that nutritional yeast is a good source, I’ve also read about people who’ve taken it and have been deficient… so the best way to know is test. There is too much irresponsible recommendation going around the natural health world. If you’re taking b12 in the form on nutritional yeast and your methylmalonic acid levels are fine, you’re OK, if they’re not, try a different source. That’s going to be a pretty surefire way to know! ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,

I love all of your shows, but I’m the most interested in your cooking shows. A friend of mine told me about a raw carrot cake recipe today, so I tried it out tonight. It was great so I’d like to share it with everyone. It is from Lori Baird’s book, “Raw Food”, but with a few minor changes.

Raw Carrot Cake

2 cups of oat flour (make by processing rolled oats in a food processor with an s-blade)
    2 cups of carrot pulp (left from juicing 6-8 large carrots)
    1/4 tsp of Himalayan sea salt
    2 cups of pitted dates (chopped in the food processor)
    1 cup of nuts (I used pecans and sliced almonds; walnuts would taste great too)
    1/2 cup of raw shredded coconut
    2 tsp of vanilla
    3 TB of agave nectar

Mix all ingredients (again I used the food processor) and pat into a square baking dish. Cut and serve. It’s fabulous.

20. Angela says:

Thanks for talking about B12. Although most raw food educators do advise to take a B12 supplement and are knowledgeable on the subject, there are still some, surprisingly some of the very popular raw food gurus, who still insist that B12 can be gotten from a raw vegan diet – spirulina and fermented foods. This can lead people to become very ill if they only listen to 1 or 2 people and don’t ‘shop around’ for information.
    As you said, at the end of the day, it’s the truth I’m interested in, not ideology or daydreaming.
    As far as the shows go, keep the variety. I work out every day and am always looking for new tips and exercises to incorporate into my routines.

21. Louise K says:

I love your shows Don’t change a thing. Hey guys is there anyone out there that live in the Conroe / Cleveland Tx area?

22. Irina says:

Hi Kevin,
    I like all you shows, and haven’t missed a single one. They are inspiring, educating without being condescending, and fun to watch. It’s the mix of different topics that makes me tune in for more and keep watching. I vote for keeping the variety.

23. Laney says:

I like the variety of shows you’ve been creating. My favorites are the “in the kitchen ones” though. They’ve all been helpful to me as a newbie raw fooder (almost one year now).

24. Linda Long says:

I like the variety in the shows but would LOVE, LOVE a repeat for firming up the arms from the fitness show.
    Thanx, enjoy all your shows,
    Linda

25. Jessica says:

I love all your videos except I’m not a fan of the exercise videos, I never watch them, but thats just me ๐Ÿ˜›

26. Janet Morton says:

Thanks for all the great information and inspiration Kevin and Anne Marie. Re the toilet water if Jeannie was able to look right through the earth from where she lives, to underneath the toilet bowls on the other side of the earth the water would be spinning the same way. It’s because they are upside down. (must be my mad half hour, sorry ๐Ÿ˜‰

27. Cindy says:

I love all your shows also and the variety is great! Love AnnMarie in them as well.

28. Cindy says:

Oh I forgot to mention one thing, I heard from David Wolfe that you cannot get B-12 from meats because it is cooked.

29. linda says:

someone mentioned nutritional yeast but i have heard it contains msg just because of the process in which it is made… is this true and the same with tvp even if itis organic??? now to your question: i love the b12 and educational shows and video and annamarie and the kitchen shows…they are all wonderful and i think you should keep the
    fitness ones even tho at my age i do not use that information… maybe on one video you could do light exercise for old folks like me:) i get a vit b12 shot from my doctor every week and wondered what you think about this? keep up the great work you do daily because you are truly changing the health of the world on day and person at a time.
    one thing to remember with your show is that every show might not be wonderful for every person but they are all important to some.
    so doing a variety so all people get what they need is important…

30. neca says:

Like others, I appreciate the variety of information you provide. As someone who is working up to becoming vegan (family isn’t, so it’s been a bit of a struggle), your episodes cover things I don’t even think about – like today’s B-12. Keep em coming!

31. Alissa Benjamin says:

Hi Kevin – I just love fitness Friday’s and in the kitchen those are really my favorite sessions. Bernadette thanks for the raw carrot cake recipe! I am goign to make this for Mother’s Day this weekend!
    Alissa

32. Donna says:

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. Is there an over the counter (urine) test for MMA? Going to the doctor and having a lab do it is cost prohibitive for some of us…

33. Jennifer says:

I love the mix of all that you offer. I tend to commnet on the in the kitchen ones, as I find them very funny. That said I learn something, or am entertained each time with your well rounded approach.

34. Sheila says:

I really enjoy it all, the variety is great. Thank you I thoroughly enjoy the videos and information.

35. Ron says:

Hi Kevin,
    My favorite shows are in the kitchen we just prepared the raw collard wraps, y’alls tahini sauce recipe is great! The wraps are a bit messy but the fantastis taste is so worth it!

Thanks for showing the picture on your desk the video I saw it on didn’t quite pan over to you or I would have had my answer, and I hope you are as successful as your friend in the picture!

I hope my hair will reach the length of his, I’ve given up many times in the past or people have talked me out of growing it…

In The Kitchen are tops but all are greatly enjoyed!

Peace, Ron

36. A.J. says:

Hi Kevin,

You provide great videos. I get a lot of out every one except I tend to stray away from the fitness videos, mainly because I have my own routine….however if you know a fast way to achieve a planche push-up..let me know.

Make a good day.

37. Magda says:

Good selection of show topics although my faves are the cooking ones. How about going out and about in your area? Interviews with regular people around who are improving their health and diet?

Keep going, I love your shows!

38. Many thanks man! B12 deficiency is really a problem today.

39. Linda says:

I love the kitchen and exercise segments, and I pick and choose from the others. As you know, V and I aren’t vegans, vegetarians or raw foodies so we’re probably “fringe” viewers for you and, for that reason, don’t submit many postings that would be of interest to your general audience. However, I think the variey of your offerings is great and gives everyone the opportunity to tune in to what is personally appealing. How about including the lovely Annmarie in the fitness segments?!

40. Lauren says:

Don’t you dare get rid of the exercise/fitness videos! That’s one thing that makes you unique in the world of natural health, etc. We could do with LESS recipes, though…because EVERYONE does recipes, cookbooks, and cooking shows, and frankly there are just too many of them.

41. sheree says:

Hi Kevin, I love your shows. All of them! Please keep them coming. About B-12 I clicked on the link to find out about how much you should take and could not find it. I get so many different amounts. The ones I use are byBiochem Superior B-12 3000 mcg Sublingual lozenges. The instructions say to use 1 lozenges 4-7 times a week and the source is methylcobalamin. :o) I have read others that have a much smaller dose. Do you ahve another site that could give better information?

42. vic says:

Water drains, tornados, huricanes etc. spin counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere due to the “coriolis effect” from the spin of the earth. Picture this: tilt your globe to the horizontal position and spin it so the “land” is rotating to the East. While it’s spinning, drop one drop of water about 1/2 way up the northern hemisphere side. It will run toward the equator but the path it leaves will not be a straight line because of the spin. Picture the path the drop took to get to the equator. It’s an arc in a counterclockwise direction. In the southern hemisphere it will be in a clockwise direction. Cool huh? All particles will travel this way. Of course this is just to illustrate the concept and there are many more factors involved.

43. Louann says:

Hi Kevin,
    Since you asked, my absolute video was you and Annemarie, you with your sombrero, about Cinco de Mayo! Otherwise, I love the kitchen and information sections. The one I usually skip is the Friday Fit……
    It is great that you started this series! May this continue for A LONG TIME.
    Louann

44. Jessica says:

{EDITOR NOTE: I’m unaware of these claims here, nor have I used this product, but the Quantum Nutrition Site is interesting… so I’ll leave the link ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I just wanted to offer up a great site for getting high quality b12, all the b really. they Also have the best nutritional yeast ever, very clean and very yummy! check out

QNL Quantum Rx Max Stress “B” Nano Plex
    Key Benefits

* The World’s first natural-source B vitamins made from probiotic fermentation
    * International patent-pending technology
    * Highly active, living “B” vitamins in their end-chain forms which deliver high cellular resonance (Other B vitamin products are typically synthetic with no cellular resonance.)
    * Maximum stress support, anti-aging, instantaneous energy boost, brain rejuvenation, heart health and mood balance
    * Research suggests natural sources of B vitamins are safest and most effective

45. Janice says:

I enjoy the variety that you provide, so stay the course. I did get a bit dizzy watching the one where you were walking all over the city!! Thanks for the show!

46. ROB says:

I love all your shows but Fitness Fridays are my favorite. I’ve been using all of the workout routines you’ve posted so far and I love how I can do them anywhere even on my breaks at work. It makes me feel great to get a short workout in. And I’m having a lot more fun than working out in the gym. THANK YOU!!!

47. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

For those of you who have been asking, you can also get a mail order uMMA here: http://www.b12.com ๐Ÿ™‚

48. I love your show! Well, maybe it’s not an official show. But I don’t have a t.v. (voluntary simplicity) and I love to watch stuff on health. I’m a raw foodist looking for REAL health and peace and love and all those things to make our world a better place.

So, your show is right up my ally to watch a short clip to learn a little more about something that interests me. It helps that you look healthy and are so jazzed about life. That’s what I’m looking for!

49. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Hey Sarah, thanks for posting! It’s about as real as a health show gets these days… there’s not much on TV (though I actually wouldn’t know, we don’t have cable either!)

50. kanti says:

I would like to know what brand/source of B12 you are taking, if possible.
    I love all of your shows…don’t change a thing1
    Kanti

51. JoyceF says:

Hi Kevin,
    I love all of the videos and do tend to derive a lot of good info from them. I’m fond of the exercise demonstrations and the kitchen videos cuz they do help to make the point better when we are able to actually see a demonstration. I think that both you and Ann Marie are adorable. I love your generousity of spirit. Keep up the good work! JoyceF

52. Karen says:

First of all, I absolutely love your enthusiasm, dedication and hard work. If we want to be healthy, modern medicine will certainly not teach us what we need to know. The variety of your shows is great. I especially love the kitchen segments because learning about raw food is important to me. Thanks Kevin and Ann Marie. You’re the best!!

53. Jeni says:

Hi Kev

All your shows are great. I am still a bit sceptical about the B12 info. I beleived that any type of plant food on this earth is good for us and dont see why this info. that algeas immitate B12 dont actually allow our systems to absorb it/use it.
    The intrinic factor bit I can understand but I always wonder if this info about algeas immitate B12 is put about by companies with a vested interest in supplements.
    Most studiess have a slant to it and the real facts can be so disorted in the companies favour, and not just good honest education.
    When I get more time I will try to find out more onfo, unless you can explain more Kev?

54. Jonathan Silva says:

I love all the type of shows. Can’t pick a favorite! Variety is definitely a good factor to have – it helps to have a wider audience with varied interests.

I’d classify your show as an “all you can eat buffet of health, fitness and general well-being”.

55. Lindy says:

Here comes another vote for variety. That’s what I really like, since I watch every episode.

Some fitness shows are too advanced for me at this point. But, with consistent work on my part, they’ll be very useful in the future.

My favorite part is your humor and creativity
    combined with a very down to earth style of presentation.

56. Tim says:

i definately agree with a lot of what’s said above….love the variety!!!
    your energy and non-condescending attitude is great, thanks for the shows/info.

57. marlene says:

I like the variety. Some stuff may not be so great but that shows that you’re human! Don’t change anything. You’re doing an awesome job!

58. Evelyn says:

Variety is the spice of life! I find all kinds of little helpful hints here and there and keeping myself fit and independent as I get older is very important to me (my younger brother already has such a bad back that he can’t get in and out of a car if it’s acting up. Don’t want to go there – ever!!).

Funny thing is that B-12 is actually a waste product of yeast. I used to work in a medical specialty and one thing we tested was B-12 absorption to diagnose pernicious anemia. I chuckled no end when I found out our health as an advanced species could so depend on “yeast poop.” Nutritional yeast (brewer’s yeast) can be one source; yummy sprinkled on air-popped popcorn. Still got my original popper from the 70s!

59. Meagan says:

I agree with Marlene above. I think the variety of your shows are a good thing and keeps it interesting. I love the show as it is! ๐Ÿ™‚

60. qwan says:

Hi Kevin,
    Great video as always :-). I have to say that you seem to be sucked into “facts” and “science” which has led us to believe that B12 is not available or rather “bio-available” from vegetable sources.
    This same “scientific community” responds anecdotally when asked how do grass eating animals end up with so much vitamin b12 in their livers and body(meat contains plenty of B12). They tell us that maybe the dirt and mud in the grass contains b12. Do you find that scientific. A maybe is not a scientific answer.

I have noticed this that even the most radical of health advocates/experts don’t have the guts to go against certain health “scams” or “lies”.
    One of the serious health scams is AIDS(AZT side effects and wrong diagnosis of HIV) and the lesser issues are Vitamin B12 and Soybean.

There has been no new research conducted on B12. All the research is by the Biased “scientists” or released by the Main stream media. It is moronic that “we” should believe that research.

I have a new take on vitamin B12 please do some research on it. It is a known fact that we humans(and that is how grass eating animals do it too) produce vitamin b12 in the lower intestine or large intestine. This is caused by fermentation of waste(feces) but only cause by vegetation fermentation.
    The “theory” and I emphasize on theory, is that it is too far down the small intestine to be absorbed into the body. You see all this is just guesswork.

I would like to point out an article in Dr. Gerson’s Therapy in naturalnews.com. Here is the excerpt that caught my attention and explained all my “anecdotal” observations of the Diet of Vegan Indians(India)and sages who never consume dairy and meat and the sages consume mostly raw fruits and vegetables. They don’t have any deficiencies.
    (ofcourse many argue that it is not being detected or that the dirt on the vegetables give them b12. Like someone was arguing with me that heart attacks were not known 100 years back because it was being detected and that people were dying of it, so it is not trans fat and the modern diet that causes diseases. ok back to the point).
    “The Gerson Therapy explains that caffeine and palmitates (chemicals in coffee) work synergistically to stimulate and cleanse the liver and blood. Without entering the digestive tract the caffeine is absorbed through the bowel wall, via blood vessels, and makes its way directly to the liver.”

SO MY MAIN POINT from the ABOVE EXCERPT.
    Is that if caffeine is absorbed through the bowel walls and lands directly into the liver. I am sure all the possibilities can occur.
    1.If caffeine is absorbed then maybe other substances can be absorbed through the bowel.
    2. If the caffeine goes directly to the liver, that means other substances(if assumed that it can be absorbed) should also go directly to the liver, WHICH MEANS that if Vitamin b12 produced in the bowel if absorbed should directly go to the liver!!!! NOW DOESN’T THAT EXPLAIN why grass eating animals have such a high content of b12 in their livers.
    3.That means Vitamin B12 can be absorbed through the bowels where “all Science” confirms that it is produced.

This is not a Gerson Therapy finding, But rather two researchers found about the Coffee enemas in the world war II, They found that it is absorbed through the bowels
    I think for this absorption to happen we need a “clean” and “unblocked” bowel.(and a vegetarian diet).

I am hoping someone does research in this area.
    The easiest way to do research is on animals.(This research wont anger the PETA).
    Is to take grass eating animals and feed them “dirt free” grass only and then check their Vitamin b12 levels. Also maybe if there is some way to artificially reduce their B12 levels and then see if it is reproduced again.

Well I am sure that if our body needed vitamin b12 I am sure if would have seen that it would be available naturally and easily.

61. Barbara says:

Kevin
    I recently had my homocysteine level checked and it was higher that average. Where can I get the B12 test that you spoke of on the May 8th video and where can I get the B12 supplements> All the B12 I see in the health food stores are the wrong B12.

By the way, I like all your shows. Keep up the good work.

62. Lisa says:

Kevin,

Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about Blue-Green alge (such as Klamath Falls or Crystal Manna brands)? The back of the bottles specifically say that they contain large amounts of b12 from a natural source. Is this like spirulina where the B12 isn’t bio-available? Thank you, you’re awesome!

63. I aLWAYS ENJOY ARTICLES ON raw FOODS, ESPECIALLY ON hONEY.

64. Tara says:

i had a b12 shot and b mix shot from my naturopath. boy, was that a mistake. i experienced strong reactions and side effects including fever, SHINGLES, pressure behind the eyes, sharp pain in the brain, and fatigue. arrggghh!