A Trick to Setting Up Yourself for Health Success – The Renegade Health Show Episode #40

Monday Apr 28 | BY |

I realized over the weekend, that a lot of people know a lot…

But many never take action. (Yes, myself included from time to time!)

So I’m adding another weekly “theme” to the Renegade Health Show that will start off every week with a bang.

Watch today’s show and be sure to tell me if you think it’s a good idea…

Your question of the day? What did you print out and put on the wall? Did you do it? Let me know!

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment…

Kevin

PS: Don’t keep the Renegade Health Show to yourself! Tell a friend, but clicking this link: Send This Renegade Health Show to a Friend

1. JP Micek says:

Great tips w the questions & reminders Kevin! I have been a passionate evangelist & follower of time-blocking since 87′. Allows me to stay on track & in motion. That plus a super-secret scheduling system. 😛

Will be revealing that in a future call w BLOGi360 members. 😉

2. Wendi Dee says:

Have I told you lately that I love you? 😉 What a great idea for your Monday shows!!!

Okay, here’s what I put onto paper and hung by the computer:

Yes! GIVE your LOVE to EVERYONE! It’s who you are, so don’t hold back!

and

What can you do today to eliminate possessions, select the RV, or make the move to California happen faster?

Thanks, Kevin! 🙂

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
    XOXOXO

3. Mary says:

Kevin;
    You are wonderful and so inspiring for all aspects of our lives. Thank You again for what you do.
    On my wall for today, ” Treat others as you would like to be treated”. Love who and what you are and always be happy.
    That is just for today.!
    I am going to try and change it or add to it every week.
    I am also going to share this with my husband, children and friends.
    Mary

4. Jeanne May says:

Kevin that’s a great idea … and that’s something we need to do on a daily basis. Today I’m going to complete another segment of my book…

Jeanne

5. Trisha says:

Hi Kevin,
    I post my workout goals, a picture of my future car (a SMART car), and all kinds of things on a whiteboard near my computer. But this is the interesting one…I posted all the things my 11-year-old son is supposed to remember and posted them on the ceiling above his bunk bed so he can read them at night before he goes to sleep. He rolled his eyes at me but he knows what is on that list now! 🙂

6. Esther says:

Glad to see I’m in good company – I also have the walls in my office plastered with motivating quotes and reminders of my goals. Never thought of the shower, though! What a great idea!

One of my favourite quotations on my wall is “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.”~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

7. Lindy says:

Kevin,
    I really like your new Monday theme. Above my computer is a single word: ACTION. I put it there six months ago, and it has really sped up the changes in my life.
    I like the concept of Morning Questions, so I am going to adopt that one, starting tomorrow morning.
    Currently, I answer 3 questions each evening:
    . What did you learn today?
    . What made you the happiest?
    . What material possession(s) did you
    throw away, sell, donate or giveaway?
    Thanks for your daily inspiration to keep moving forward,
    Lindy

8. Joyce says:

Hi, Thanks for that show today. That is me. I know this is the right way to eat, I have some weight to loose and I keep not doing it. I start out well in the a.m. but by nightfall I have had Frito’s or some kind of sugar or some meat. I have to get off these things. I did it once and lost 50 lbs. and slowly kept creeping back til I am S.A.D. again. I need some motivation. Help!!!

9. Aprilsun says:

Kevin,
    I am awe-inspired!
    My new document says:

– I matter
    – I have value
    – I love and accept myself as I am today
    – I am grateful for the people in my life
    – I will succeed
    – My goals are attainable
    – My goals will be attained
    – I nurture my mind and body with healthy foods

Additionally, I started a “dream board” (law of attraction) a year ago. It is only 1/4 full. You have inspired me to finish it!!
    My gratitude is yours,
    Aprilsun

10. Heike says:

HI Kevin; just wanted to say first that I look forward to your little show everyday now; thanks for the energy you’re putting out there and I find your choice of topics a very good mix.

YOu asked about eye proceedures …You didn’t say how bad your vision is or whether far or near-sighted …
    I looked into lasik surgery a few years ago and was told that I was not a good candidate as I was too far-sighted (my glasses were very thick). Instead, I received clear lens implants (in a hospital, from an eye surgeon); it is a proceedure usually provided for older people who have glaucoma, where the lens has become too clouded for proper vision. I have now had these new lenses for about 7 years and my life is so much better for it. I used to have to wear glasses to ski (always fogged up); snokelling on my holidays down south was kind of a drag b/c I couldn’t see anything clearly (unless you get special lenses for your dive mask); I had to have glasses with me at all times for driving — I couldn’t see road signs clearly; my vision was so bad that I couldn’t read the alarm clock beside my bed, or see to put on make-up. It was THE most amazing thing ever; as soon as you leave the hospital, you can see. The lenses last your lifetime. It was rather costly at $2000 per eye (in Canada)however the quality of life it added made it so worth it.

11. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

JP, super secret scheduling system… come on, dude… you gotta share!!! 😉

Thanks everyone for contributing to this posting… you know the people who take action are the people who get what they want… so I know you will 😉

12. Anita - Kansas says:

Kevin,

I have posted on my board by computer a list feel good messages including:
    1) Choose to be happy rather than right in your relationships.
    2)Pay it forward.
    3)Smile – even if you don’t feel like it.
    4)When you think a complimentary thought about someone – tell them.
    5)Refrain from making judgments
    6) Hug someone
    7) Ask your children to tuck you in bed and read you a story.
    8)Give service to someone who is more needy than you.
    9)Pray with your spouse and your family once a day

The questions I have are:
    1) What are you going to get done today and how are you going to do it?
    2) What will you do today to show your family you love them?
    3) What new item can you start today to be healthy.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Anita

13. Rob W says:

Episode 40 is my new favorite episode. I’m going to work on my questions/rituals/inspirations right now! Thanks

14. Lauren says:

I think I’m going to bookmark this page because of all the wonderful helpful comments as well as the video itself that are here on it.

I would like to add that I keep a long-term and short-term goals list. Both of them live in the back of my infamous Notebook of Everything, which I use on a daily basis to write out my dreams from last night, thoughts I may have, reminders to myself, journal-type entries, etc. And I track my progress and cross things off of the lists when I accomplish them, sort of like a checklist.

15. Doris says:

I loved this one. I have been making 13×19 posters for my children to decorate with since I purchased a professional printer 4 years ago, but never thought to create some for myself. Did one in a jiffy and added to my kitchen, since as a southern girl, I spend a lot of time there. I am about 80-85% raw for 10 months now and reminders about why I am raw make a difference. Here’s mine

1.Exercising daily helps me to stay fit, feel better and aids in maintaining my weight. It is an essential element that keeps me happy and energetic.
    2.Eating a mainly raw and unprocessed diet insures that I experience no Fibromyalgia symptoms and allows me the energy to keep up with my children.
    3.Chemical laden hygiene products will damage my health and should be avoided. Hairspray is not a necessity and a small dab of coconut oil can tame wild unruly curly hair. Your health is WORTH the sacrifice.
    4.You cannot make your friends healthy. Their health is up to them. It is a personal choice that each individual chooses. You can only share information in a non-threatening way. Being an Example Speaks!
    5.Coffee is a No-No. It robs my body of nutrients and causes dehydration. There are better choices that can be made. Reach for cool WATER!
    6.It is okay for your children to complain. Explain the health benefits, state kindly that nothing else will be offered and declare your love. Eventually they will accept it!

Created it in Powerpoint so I can easily change out my reminders as needed.

Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your shows!

Doris

16. Astrid says:

Hi!

Thanks for the great tips..
    About vision and eyes.. Check this site. http://www.naturalvisioncenter.com
    A natural way to heal eyesight, Rawfood is a part of it!