David Wolfe Delivers a Raw Food Chocolate Talk to Save the World – The Renegade Health Show #31

Tuesday Apr 15 | BY |

I didn’t expect that the talk raw foodie David Wolfe put on at Rhode Island School of Design could possibly save the world…

Quite a claim, if you ask me 😉

I will tell you that it was fun, educational and entertaining. Just about what you’d expect with David.

He was generous enough to allow me to film and share some of this information about raw cacao and more in this episode of the Renegade Health Show.

One of the best parts of this talk is when David explains how magnesium and silicon are essential in the development of calcium for strong bones.

You can make a tea with raw cacao (chocolate) and horsetail (or stinging nettles) that is great for building up your calcium levels.

Go ahead and watch…

Your question of the day: Cacao… treat or superfood? Whether raw chocolate or cacao is good for you daily is a serious debate in the health world. What do you think?

I’ll share my thoughts after we get some discussion going (10 posts or so…) 🙂

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and post your thoughts… would love to hear ’em!

Kevin

1. Bernadette says:

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I just had my bone scan done again today and I just happen to have some of David Wolfe’s raw chocolate in the cupboard downstairs. Guess what I’m having tonight. 🙂

2. Sharon intilli says:

Can anyone tell me how to make a tea with cacao and nettles (or horsetail)? Thanks!

3. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Of course, Sharon…

You can either hunt around for fresh horsetail and nettles (wear a glove for the nettles or watch the video on how to pick them here…

Or you can get them dried at the health food store.

Heat some water (or boil) and pour into a mug.

Add a teaspoon of cacao powder to the water. Put the nettles or horsetail into a tea bag or any contraption that will keep the loose tea in one place.

Then drink and enjoy! Not the best thing to do before bed… 🙂

(Add a sweetener like honey or agave if you want!)

4. Alex says:

In addition Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate. I do also have chocolate site.Check this out http://www.sarahs-sweet-fountains.co.uk:D

Nice post Kevin 😀

5. ERNESTO says:

HI KEVIN!! YES, I HAVE A THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AND I BELIEVE CACAO, GREEN TEE AND CAFFEINE ARE THE BEST SUPERFOOD FOR BRAIN FUNCTION AND THE BEST PREVENTION FOR AILMENTS AS ALZHEIMER,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND DEMENTIA.IF YOU ADD VITAMINS A, C, AND E PLUS FOLIC ACID YOU HAVE THE FORMULA TO BECOME A MATHUSELA.AM I WRONG? BYE, SEE YA!!!

6. Jonathan Silva says:

That’s pretty amazing that some of the people who make chocolate have never been exposed to raw cacao. This shows us how far away people have come from eating raw organic foods and realizing their benefits.

Cacao helps supply the body with much needed minerals and nutrients that so many people don’t get enough of. Taking it on a regular basis sounds like an amazing idea. I believe it should be classified as a superfood 🙂

7. Mammaren says:

raw cacao is amazing food. energizing, invigorating, and satisfying.

now that I have tasted the raw cacao, I will never go back..

Love the David Wolfe video.. I will put this up on my blog 😉

Namaste!

K

8. karennd says:

Raw cacao is yummy for sure. When I first started on a raw food diet I dipped a banana into some raw cacao nibs every night and loved it.

But now I don’t believe raw chocolate is healthy. It contains stimulants that are very addictive. We are just substituting our former cooked food addictions for a new one.

Sure, it is full of nutrients, but so is the tobacco plant and coca plant (from which cocaine is derived) but I don’t think I will be eating them. They are all full of toxins, just like cacao beans are. Ancient societies used the coca plant in their ceremonies too.

This article says it better than I can – http://www.rawlife.com/store/pages.php?pageid=32

jmho

9. Jeni says:

Hi Kevin

That was very informative on how your body makes and used calcium and other minerals. Can you explain that again to us? It was a bit hard to hear all of what david was saying.

This is the sort of info/video that would get other non beleivers to listen and educate.
    Jeni.S

10. ida margrethe says:

thanks for the wolfe video. hes amwesome as usual.
    well, i blindly beilieve everything david wolfe sais ;] so yes, yeah i do believe raw cacao is a superfood for sure!
    thanks for the show, kevin, stay classy!

11. Bernadette says:

Thank you for the link karennd. That was a very informative article.

12. Suz Stapler says:

What a treasure you and David are. Raw cacao is a health food — even though Paul Nison doesn’t agree!

I wish people in the mainstream would watch this but so many of them are totally duped by the newspapers, TV and never listen to guys like you, Dadiv, Mike Adams, Shane Ellison, etc.

13. Ildiko says:

Thank you Kevin for the video!
    In my humble opinion chocolate has some benefits for sure, but as karennd mentioned above it can have some addictive effect on people. I sure know from first hand what caffeine addiction is like, I worked for Starbucks twice for over 3 years.
    Why cannot we get the silicone and other wonderful stuff from other sources, it might also be possible.
    I did hear or read that chocolate was used as a ceremonial drink/food in certain cultures and I would rather leave it at that. A food, that needs to be savoured and respected, used only in small quantities.

14. Katherine Christensen says:

This is all very interesting. I belong to a religion (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) that came out with a health code in February 1833 which forbade use of coffee, tea, tobacco, and alcohol–a century before science discovered their harmful effects! The [“Mormon”] Prophet Joseph Smith received this as a revelation, the “Word of Wisdom” (Doctrine and Covenants Section 89, available online at lds.org). It doesn’t mention chocolate, nor even coffee nor tea by name, just “hot drinks.” In order to qualify to get a temple recommend we can’t use coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs. But other things are left to our discretion, such as chocolate or caffeine-containing beverages like colas. We have the letter of the law, and freedom to follow the spirit of the law, which is taking care of our bodies. I myself eat raw chocolate only rarely, in a dessert at a raw vegan restaurant!

15. marlene says:

I don’t eat a lot of raw chocolate but I do enjoy it and it makes me feel good! Knowing that it has great health benefits and tastes delicious why deprive ourselves of it? we should enjoy food and feel good!!!

16. Alicia says:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It brought back memories of his lectures at school.

I agree with the general consensus here that Cacao is a superfood which should be eaten as a treat.

17. ildiko says:

And one more question/comment regarding this issue. Would David recommend superfoods lika cacao to be eaten by children. I cannot see myself giving any stimulants (and cacao I beleive is one) to my young daughter. She is 4 and a 1/2 and we are really delaying giving her any regular candy or chocolate. Actually, she never had chocolate yet, she calls carob chocolate. I am not sure if she would even like the taste of real raw cacao after that.
    Just my 2 cents.

18. ccd says:

the talk was great! it was excellent to meet both you and annmarie!

i think that cacoa is a treat. although, i indulged for days after that talk on nibs, bars and powder. i did feel a surge of energy for hours afterwards.