Is Kombucha Good For You – The Renegade Health Show #23

Thursday Apr 3 | BY |

I get a ton of questions about kombucha and whether it is good for you or not…

Tune into this video to get the verdict!

Plus I answer two more readers questions about how much phosphorus you should have in your diet and more protein discussion…

Your question of the day is: What questions do you have about health?

As you’ve seen, I’ll be fielding questions about once a week on the show, so get yours in early so I get to them sooner than later!

Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to ask your question or chime in your thoughts about Kombucha!

PS. I’m psyched that my Mom posted on the blog yesterday… it’s her first posting. So if you want, go to Tuesday’s posting and welcome her to the team 🙂

1. Jacqueline Michaud says:

Thanks for answering my question Kevin! You are awesome! I have ground flaxseed regularly. Have also tried sprouted quinoa this week. Will have to get more and investigate the hempseed.

Thanks again for your input. It is really appreciated!

Jacqueline

2. Ted says:

What’s the deal with soy products? Fermented versus Unfermented. Are soy milk products okay to drink?

3. Alli says:

Hi! Kevin, I love your show. It’s the only email I am really keeping up with because it makes me smile. My question is this: you talk about getting tested for levels. I have a great doctor who will give me tests but I have to be able to know what tests to ask him for. Can you be more specific as to what I can ask my doctor?
    Also, Matt Monarch told me my champion juicer was the worst on the market (for greens) and I don’t have the & for a Green Star, nor the time to use it everyday, I am sure. What about using my brand new Ktec 3 hp? for green juices and straining it with a nut milk bag? is that kosher?
    Thanks, Alli

4. Dede says:

Hey Kevin and Annemarie – its raining in St Louis – -but looks like it is a beautiful clear day in Argentina!!
    Love the “add-in” still photos you are using – nothing like an image to help educate us :-).
    Hugs, Dede

5. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you so much for answering my question today on your show. I was really flattered when I read the introduction and realized you were going to address it. It really made me feel like someone was listening. Thank you for your suggestions. You are awesome.

6. Hey Kevin, Great shows! Love your enthusiasm. I just watched this show and the Raw Chimichurri Sauce show. Thank you and Annmarie for sharing the sauce recipe. Let me know the next time you plan to visit Cali and hopefully we’ll meet up.

Enjoy your time in Argentina!

7. Elliott S. says:

I drink Kombucha every day. The symbiotic nature of the yeast/bacteria has done wonders for my digestive issues which I have had for years. I tried everything. The main thing I have implemented on a consistent basis is Kombucha. I make it with all organic ingredients, green tea and let it ferment until it is on the slight sour side (I don’t like the sweet frements) … I used to have systemic candida and odd as it may sound, I have not had any problems since I started drinking it consistently. One of the main things in Kombucha is glucuronic acid which is a key element that completely aids the liver in being able to detox/inactivate toxins so that they can be easily flushed from the body. Kombucha has been around for thousands of years all over Europe, Russia and Asia. The alcohol that it produces on a typical ferment is well under 2-3% which is under any non-alcohol beer. Don’t let that turn you off. If you can’t tolerate sugar (like candida sufferers) … let the ferment go toward the sour side (ph 2.5ish) … Kombucha is cheap and healthful … save yourself some money and get a culture and make the tea yourself. Google is your friend there are many places to read about it/learn how to make it…

8. Denise says:

Kevin, I would like to know more about soaking grains and how you use them in recipes. I am fresh out of a cancer battle for only a year now and am learning to change my life by eating healthier for one. I have gone all natural ingredients, no more chemicals in my food or my health and beauty or my household cleaners, organic, and so forth. I am drinking raw milk, eating 50% raw food. What do I look for in grains? Which kinds are best? You briefly showed rice in a previous show. Thank you!

9. Martine says:

Hi Kevin,

Can you tell me what I should eat to ;ower my bloddpressure and finally can stop using medecine.
    Hope te hear from you.

Martine

10. Sharon says:

Dear Kiv,

I was really amazed to read the introduction and realized that you were going to address it. It really made me feel like someone was listening. Thank you for your suggestions. You are awesome. For more details log on to Themedica.com

11. linda says:

i have been eating hemp sees for about 3 months and just love them…
    should i be soaking them like i do nuts?
    they are so tiny and if i should soak them for how long…i soak my nuts in pure water in the fridge for 24 hours and rinse but not sure about the hemp seeds..they are great on sliced bananas:) also i grind my flax seeds
    a cup at a time and keep in the freezer.. this last me for a few days.. is this ok to do?

12. Sandy Joseph says:

Hi Kevin,
    I have been following a vegan diet for 3 weeks and I am about 85% raw. My question for you is ; my skin is a mess with rashes on my face,neck, and chest. Could this be a detox reaction?
    I feel great and have a ton of energy for my daily workouts; and drink a lot of water. My family doctor thinks there is nothing wrong with the S.A.D. He totally does not get why I am a vegan.What do you think?

13. Leona Westbrook-Chilcott says:

Kevin, thank you for all the work and effort that you put into sharing this beautiful
    God-given diet to help heal and cure our many ills. Have you studied Victoria Boutenko’s word with greens? She has a terrific DVD regarding greens. Greens are the only food group that contain all the elements that we need! Greens have the amino acids that the body uses to build protein. Elephants, the strongest animals in the world, are vegetarians. I appreciated the response that you gave regarding the 3 grains that you mentioned for the person allergic to beans, but that would be very limiting when we have an abundance in the green plants. Keep up the good work. Leona

14. Sharon Walker says:

Hi!

First, thank you for sharing!

I developed a lipoma (large one under left scapula blade next to spine)in 1995 after a fall hitting in the same position on the other side of the spine and another small one in 2006 on the small part of my waist. Is there any natural treatment (liver/gallbladder cleaning, supplements, etc.)I can pursue to reduce these non-maligent, no pain fatty tumors? No one that I know of in my family has experienced lipomas. I do not want to have them surgically removed through incision. Information through ND’s, MD’s, and the Internet is very limited as far as non-invasive treatment options.

Thanks!

15. Nannette says:

What food, vitamin, supplement, etc. can I take to help my hair look good and grow?

Thanks

16. Gurutej Khalsa says:

I was starting to get gray hairs, and drank kumbacha for many years, and my hair got browner and has not yet grayed. Also my hot flashes went away! This is a great tonic!

17. michel says:

Kombucha contains yeast, which is a mycotoxin. Not good for you.

18. Amy says:

Hi Kevin,
    I have been trying to heal my body after years of antibiotic and antifungal use before, during, and after several surgeries.
    I have developed serious candida, stomach and digestive problems from the use of those prescribed drugs. I have done long fasts and am now trying to adapt a macrobiotic diet focusing on staying away from stimulants, sugar, alcohol, and wheat/flour/yeast products. Are there other foods, such as fermented foods, that I should be wary of? BTW: Thanks for your comments and concerns of Kombucha. I will stear clear now. I was drinking sometimes 3/day thinking they were doing my body good. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks a bunch.