How to Out What’s In Your Water Online (Your Annual City Water Report) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #12

Wednesday Mar 19 | BY |

This episode will show you how to “dial up” your annual city water report online so you can know exactly what’s bring put into your water.

Yes, the power of the internet is amazing…

If you want to know what water filters you should be using this is the first step to take.

If you know what is making your water toxic, then you can know what to target to filter the toxins like chlorine, chlorides, turbidity, fluorides, nitrates and all the other nasty ingredients that city water plants add to our drinking water supply.

I use Jim McMahon for water advice and he’ll be able to get you tests for well water. He’s been helpful in finding me a great water filter, so that’s why I’m recommending him. You can check out his site @ www.cleanairpurewater.com.

Your question of the day?

“Do you want the Renegade Health Show every day? Or do you want 3 times a week with one article/commentary on Tues and one on Thurs?”

I’d love to hear your feedback… click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave your thoughts!

Kevin

1. Suz Stapler says:

I love your show but with NaturalNews and Mercola to read also plus all my newsletters on raw food, I get enough info. So, please do the show 3 times a week with one article/commentary on Tues and one on Thurs.

2. Jonathan Silva says:

I’m all for 5 shows a week! Your show is really the only one of its kind that exists right now from what I’ve seen.

If the need arises for an article or two, you could save those for the weekend so we have something to read when we aren’t watching the show.

I know the Renegade Health Show takes time out of your day to prepare. We thank you for your efforts. You’re doing a great job 😀

3. FrankieClaire says:

Kevin,
    I have really enjoyed your posts each day but I think in this busy world that two or three times a week might be better. You are certainly bringing us some good information. Thanks.

4. ANDREA says:

I think that 2-3 times a week is better as we have tons of infos to read everyday and we certainly do not want to miss your blog.
    Thanks

5. Paula says:

Good golly how many tool bars do you need? I did enjoy watching you.
    I dont care 3 times a wk or everyday. I watch ya.

6. Deborah Harvey says:

Love your shows, your energy and your awesome attitude of service.
    As for the shows, I opt for 3 only because I don’t want to get backed up with other stuff. Thanks again for being such a mensch!

7. Deb says:

Hi Kevin,

Your daily reports are great. I look forward to them since they are so informative and don’t take up too much time. Please keep it up.

8. Stephanie says:

Great post, Kevin. I’ve been enjoying them since you helped put on the raw food forum.

Just one problem – the guy you recommended for water is selling not-so-great filtration product. It’s too bad. There’s so much information out there and it’s almost always misused, abused, or turned into something that the person selling the product can profit from. I’ve been dealing with water issues, researching water and filtration methods, and teaching people about water for about 10 years, and my father has been doing the same for 20. The ONLY product I have found that is truly going to work, work well, and respect the environment in the process, is Environmental Water Systems. They do not advertise and can only be found in high-end shops and on http://www.naturalwaterfiltration.com

By the way, the reason the systems recommended above are not that great is because of the materials being used. Research KDF a little further and you’ll discover quickly that it needs to be replaced often and also does not remove chlorine effectively. What you really want is a medical-grade carbon media and if you buy a sink filtration system, ask the company what the filter’s iodine rating is. The standard compliance is 600-650, but that’s bare minimum. Again, the best one I found is the one I mentioned above – their iodine rating is the highest of anyone, at 1100.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I’m out to help inform. 😉 Thanks again for the post, Kevin!

Stephanie

9. Andrea says:

Not sure where to post this comment, but is it possible for these posts to be sent to us in e-mail, so we don’t have to go through the hassle of opening another window to read the blog? I’d read a lot more of the posts if they were contained within the e-mail.

10. Actually, I enjoy the daily renegade show. I really look forward to it every evening. However, three times a week would be better than none.
    By the way, I couldn’t open the video for today’s water report… I don’t think it would apply to me however, since I live in Canada.
    You are doing a super job Kevin! The renegade show and your website is opening my eyes and my mind to some areas of wellness I didn’t even know existed…raw food diet for example. Really enjoy your e-mails. Keep up the good work!

Jacqueline

11. Megan P says:

I would love a show every day! I read so much. It is nice to actually see a person talking.

12. Christine says:

I am learning so much from these quick little video spots. I like the 5x a week and the video concept because reading is sometimes hard on the eyes if you’re reading so many other newsletters. You’re the BEST..keep up the Great work!!

13. edward says:

Dude… do what is in your heart to do! Teach us moew about what you have in mind.

Eddie

14. Ken says:

This is my first time logging in. I found your information on how to get an annual water report very beneficial so thanks. I like the daily format, as it seems to be straight forward and quick.

15. Don Hall says:

Kevin,

Water report was spot on! The comment from Steph should be highlighted … medical grade carbon is the ONLY WAY to go Adding UV and a regular maintanance program to your R.O. is the ultimate system. By the way, the report disses or questions the need for the multiple carbons if using a R.O. system? C’mon Jim, the systems of any municipal uses a “step” … cheap shot there my friend. The idea that SweetWater is promoting though is Top Flight … drugs, synthetic and I might add, the synergy aspect, is totally not addressed in the minimum Daily Requirements for health aspects – Under ANY circumstances. Rant? my middle name!

Great Great Job … The Daily Show with KG and AnnaMarie!

P.S.

Kevin – while on the Argintine trip, check out how to Solar Purify the water using a quicky homemade still I invented for 3rd world countries. A small bowl of liquid, under a larger inverted glass bowl, with a trough made of bamboo, anything really to catch the naturally solar distilled water. Yes, the pH may measure around 7, so shoot me … 🙂 drhall

don hall
    bearcreekresearch

16. Liz says:

Love your show…and I’m all for 3 days a week with writing in between!

17. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,

Just wondering what that high protein food was. It sounded like ‘keema’ or ‘kima’ mentioned in the video clip about water.

I don’t have much time to read so once a day sounds good.

Thanks for the info and encouragement.

Bernadette

18. Diane says:

I like the 5 shows per week. The length of the show is perfect and they are very informative. I have more than I can read now, so I appreciate listening to your program. Thanks for all the great info you pass on to us.

19. Janice says:

Hi Kevin,
    I like the 5 shows a week. It’s nice to have you talk, it’s more entertaining and personal that writing. You have just the right amount of time & really I have learned a thing or two.
    Thanks, keep it up!

Janice

20. Becca Bev says:

I would like to get your messages but can’t play you tube on dial-up since I don’t live in a large city. I would like to be able to read more in text form. Thanks.

21. Jonaku Metu Assalol says:

I like the method you are currently using. I think it is informative and excellent. Please keep it daily, and thank you for the wonderful job you are doing.!!!!!!

22. Brandon says:

Kevin,

I love the 5x a week format more than anything. As a couple of the posts above have mentioned, I do a lot of reading as well and it is very nice indeed to actually see and hear your excellent commentary on a whole host of issues. Keep rockin on! I love the show!

Cheers,

Brandon*

23. Cindy says:

I enjoy seeing you on line as well. I read a lot too and it is a nice break to actually see a face belonging to the great information that is being given. Thank you!!!

24. Ted says:

5 times a week is great.

But I can understand, after a while, that may get difficult for you to keep up.

Can I get crazy, and be the first to recommend, a……4 times a week video blog, and perhaps you could do a written blog on Friday.

If I had the difficult task of doing what you do everyday, that’s what I’d do. 🙂

Keep up the amazing work! I look forward to your video blog everyday, checking my in-box multiple times at night looking for it.

25. Ry says:

Continue the show five times a week. Articles already abound. If this proves too many for some, no requirement exists that they watch the show ever day. These individuals can wait and watch as many as wanted when time permits.

Your show provides quick, informative snapshots. You have conjured up a winner. Don’t monkey with success.

26. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

thanks for your feedback, guys 🙂

I actually like doing it 5 days a week! I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t alienating a group of “health renegades” by doing it… I like Jonathan’s idea of 5 during the week and some articles on the weekend, if there’s something I want to cover…

Anyone else? Thoughts?

27. Denise says:

I say continue the show five times a week. If you have the information to share five times a week then I have the time to watch five times a week. Thanks!
    Denise

28. ERNESTO says:

IT IS REALLY COOL TO RECEIVE YOUR LETTERS DAILY, SO KEEP ON DOING IT CAUSE WE DUDES NEED A WHOLE LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION. I’M A PEDIATRICIAN WHO RELLY CARES ABOUT MY PATIENTS AND KNOW TO APPRECIATE YOUR HEALTH TIPS. SO LONG BUDDY!!!!

29. Karla says:

Great show! Enjoying your daily and do a lot of other reading so find this a good adjunct to all that. I put on your show while food prepping.
    Thanks for sharing your energy and enthusiasm! Karla

30. Claudia says:

I really like to see the show daily, it feels more personal to see you Kevin then just reading articles like everywhere else. Please continue with your wonderful job and God bless.

31. meredith says:

I love you videos every day!!! I love the information. You are an incredible source for me. please continue!!!

32. Suzanne says:

I vote for the videos 5xweek. They are humorous & informative. The music intro is a riot!! Besides, I have way too many written emails to read. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

33. patty says:

I love your daily shows!! Thanks for all the time you out into them.

34. Lynn says:

I just love the daily videos. I am a visual learner, so I get more out of vidoes clips than I do out of just reading or listening to information. I really look forward to “seeing” you daily. If I don’t have time that day to check you out, I just double up the next day!! I also love the variety. Keep up the GREAT work.

35. margit says:

please keep doing what you are doing. Have the show every day!
    I can learn so much more from videos than reading.

36. Richard says:

Wow, great job, I love the web shots with the zoom-in, zoom-out feature and the content on this is awesome. I did try this for chicago a few ways and hit a bump nothing came up that easily as danbury or pittsburgh, so it may be a little bit more difficult than explained, BUT I love the idea. Keep up the great work. Personally, 3x is fine for me, but I’m sure there are those that would like 5x do what’s in your gut.

37. dano says:

8 days a week please! I’m working hard to transition from fatty animal food to the raw diet. I have noticed a significant boost in energy. I’m 51 and plan on being at my college weight (6’0″ 180 pounds)in 60 days. Hit me with everything you got because it is working. Your videos and articles are pure motivation. Thank you.

38. Sandra says:

Your enthusiasm is contagious!!! So, I vote for 5x, it’s a lot more engaging that reading.

Sandra

39. Deb says:

I love the show but think a weekly broadcast along with your written blog articles is a good balance. I’d like to see you have some sustainability, too much of your time doing the video could take away from the very goals you’ve set.

I have benefited so much from the info, I’m greedy enough to want to have this be a staple in my own tool box. I find I absorb better in bytes, vs banquets -LOL!

Thanks for all you do- Deb

40. Dorothy says:

5 Days a week and some on weekends when you have something extra to share is a great idea.

41. Liz says:

i’m all for more video clips. i’m a little lazy reading…..and slow 🙂

42. Claudia says:

5 days/wk is great!!

43. Susana says:

Do what feels right to you. That’s the BEAUTY of Internet Blogging! We’ll get it when you send it and we can read it/view it when convenient ~(In my case, DROP EVERYTHING! A post from RENEGADE HEALTH just arrived in the queue!).
    If you’re not inspired some day (HA!), I’d rather not see something mediocre ~ there’s enough of that out there!
    Keep doing RAWsome Blogs and we’ll keep attending to them!
    Susana

44. Greg says:

I really enjoy you’re reports and am going to check the water where I live.
    I also have many other news emails coming in and find it hard to keep up with all of them so two or three times a week would be great.

45. linda says:

i love your show every day:)
    only turning vegan in september i
    really appreciate all your food videos
    like the one i just watched on protein
    and not having to cook it… i want to know more about raw foods. i feel so good eating raw but need help… you are that help.
    please continue every day but if time is an issue at least 3x a week. thanks for you time and energy and love for what you do.

46. Willa says:

You are the best! I have so many health emails to read a day that I am way back logged with emails BUT keep them coming!
    thanks for the time and energy you put into this!
    Willa

47. Connie says:

Three times a week is great. Thanks for the super information.

48. Linda says:

Hi Kevin!

Thank you thank you thank you for the email today! I have to admit that altho we’ve been on your list for a while I rarely click on because I get SOOOO much email from various sources. What WAS I thinking? Your style and attitude are contagious and uplifting … you are a delight and I am hooked! I vote for twice a week because I just can’t take in any more info than that! Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder … keep us wanting more! Less is more! Love ya! ~Linda

49. Joan says:

Hi Kevin, I love the videos. Keep doing them, especially the recipes!
    Joan, March27,2008

50. chris says:

Kevin, pleeeease keep doing your thing!! 5 days a week is a gift. You (and Anne-Marie) give me the inspiration/motivation and education to keep living a healthy lifestyle every day. Your upbeat energy lifts my spirit and the way you package the information is so easy to understand and totally do-able in today’s world. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Christine (New Zealand)

51. I like the idea above: “…please do the show 3 times a week with one article/commentary on Tues and one on Thurs.”

As well, the Google search you suggested for finding the annual water report for one’s city may work very well in the USA, but not at all in Canada. There is no such available report for Winnipeg, MB. I have requested a drinking water officer in the government of Manitoba to give me the location of a report on Winnipeg drinking water, but who knows when or even whether I will get a reply. I think we Canadians are just a little too trusting of our government officials to look after our well-being for us. We should be finding out the information that other countries’ citizens get as a matter of course.

52. Margo says:

I LOVE the show 5 days a week!! Sometimes I’m too busy to get to it each day, but I like knowing it’s there for me. I’d hate to have to wait for days for another installment. I also fear that if people don’t have something fresh each day, they may wander away looking for info elsewhere and not come back for a long while–or at all! That would be awful–the show is just too valuable to miss a single beat! Thanks Kevin and Annamarie for all you do 🙂

53. Sarah says:

Any suggestions on how to find a water report in Canada (I’m from a smaller town in Ontario)?

PS – thanks for all your hard work…5 days or 3 days, whatever is best for you!